RECV US Dreamcast 3D Models Packs (By CBNJ)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

cbnj
brutal

Re: Resident Evil Code Veronica US Dreamcast 3D Models (By CBNJ)

Post#71 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:24 am

Someone asked once... "There is better models we can inport to game"

And today i cant still say totally "yes"

BUT!!!!!

I think to have avaible 1398 tris and 738 verts is enough to mold a decent body part, doesn't?

Well thats what we have now and whit no any extra load in ram/cpu, altough i dont know how much impact could be to render 22 claire bodies for the gpu....

In the end this will have to be optimized removing unused triagle strips, uv remaped, base body textures will have to be dummied to 5 textures instead of 15 as normally does, some textures could have to be made lower res... but hey! high poly models in cv seems to be soon a reality!
Attachments
STATICS.jpg
extrabodies.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#72 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:35 am

Totally Awesome play High Quality Alyson Court model without it being a PC Only Mod!

cbnj
brutal

Post#73 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:26 am

Watch out! You gonna crash! Ahh!
Claire.. what im gonna do whit you...

i still dont add the 22 bodies and game runs like 7fps, probably adding lower poly objects can give better result, like a DC zombie body or even items... maybe i should stick to the already tested naomi zombie ones...

In her defence, i have to say monster claire looks really cool when moving, is like some kind of hypnotic caleidoscopic acid trip...
Attachments
MONSTER_CLAIRE.jpg
mizuchi-win.gif
mizuchi-win.gif (142.44 KiB) Viewed 6168 times
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#74 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:13 am

So how can we replace the game with different model'?

cbnj
brutal

Post#75 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:21 am

Test number 2 now whit 9 bodies to rebuild her, still whit slow downs, bodies were told to load a single texture on them and everything runs fine... untill you find a light source or a heavy particle emmiter, then the game drops back to 7 frames, when light/particles generator derenders, the game runs fine again.
Attachments
CLAIREMTEST2.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

cbnj
brutal

Post#76 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:32 am

Esppiral

Well, i am just testing the limits of the engine, there is still plenty optimization to do on thos extra bodies, why use 1398 triangles for models wich can be only 100 triangles to look awesome, feets use about 50 triangles both, make them 100 triangles each one will be enough to give them nice shape.
And to be honest replace her whole body was never my goal whit this, (altough i discovered is possible and thus this last posts born), my main purpose is to make her "addons" like bullet proof vest, helments, gun holstlers, etc, wich require way less polys and will make the old bodies look as high poly ones
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#77 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:57 am

cbnj wrote:Test number 2 now whit minimum extra bodies to rebuild her, 9 bodies and still whit slow downs, bodies were told to load a single texture on them and everything runs fine... untill you find a light source or a heavy particle emmiter, then the game drops back to 7 frames, when light/particles generator derenders, the game runs fine again.

Interesting test but its might be a bit flawed . It might be testing how high you can go polycount having these separate models might not be testing the strips efficiently since its not sharing edges. A more realistic way would actually be to use the cutscene model with the high poly head that's like 2.5x higher polycount than regular Clair. It would probably run smoother than 3 claires because of lower vertex count due to better use of strips. Same would apply if you used ps2models of other resident evil games.

cbnj
brutal

Post#78 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:04 am

cloofoofoo

Cut scene models cant be used as character due this faces are shatered in pieces, playable head only have 1 bone cutscene have 5, the character layout cant be animated correctly.
This can be seen in the model packs ive released, there is playable claire and cut scene claire and bones can be displayed trough noesis.
Even if i achieve to use a cutscene model the number of tris i couls use for the addons would reduce drastically.
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

cbnj
brutal

Post#79 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:27 am

I just checked , its 1923 tris and 990 verts, no eyes, no eye lids, no pony tail base, no extra hair, no tongue, no teeth.
that explains why game drops so badly whit 3 rendered cutscene bodies are in screen at same time, are about 6 claire playable bodies + the one character uses = 7 claire bodies in screen at same time + all the extra details, i mentioned already for each one and extra player details like pony tail and hands + weps = maybe an extra claire body more.

I think using default claire body or simpler naomi zombie bodie as base and derendering the original claire body, could allow me to use more tris for the diferent claire segments addons..

cbnj
brutal

Post#80 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:38 pm

Update Frebuary 04 / 2024
*Added PL01WPD.7z - Chris weapons

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9lpby8gh ... PD.7z/file
Attachments
PL01WPD.jpg
PL01WPD.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 3021 times