RECV US Dreamcast 3D Models Packs (By CBNJ)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

cbnj
brutal

Re: Resident Evil Code Veronica US Dreamcast 3D Models (By CBNJ)

Post#91 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:25 am

xaeroxcore

Yeah, DC can render very high quantity of polys altough to make re4 like models can require to downgrade enviroments a bit... (by bit i mean alot ;) )

If you have player models of re4 i can give a try as i dont have the gc iso anymore altough i have the extraction tools :)
Last edited by cbnj on Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

cbnj
brutal

Post#92 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:27 am

DreamcastFreak

Games like re0 and re1 are piece of cake for DC engine due there is no 3d enviroments this allow higer poly models for everything else, i consider those games could been natively running in dc if the console lifetime was enough long, the only thing to check about is how to correctly set distance and scale for the 2d backgrounds displayed on 3d planes and the scripting for swapping characters.

Outbreak and dead aim are full 3d so the general look of the models wont differ much of original cv models poly counts unless the ob rooms get heavily optimized and textures get concatenated into multitexture textures to handle as little number of high res textures as posible.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#93 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:08 am

cbnj wrote:Playstation re2 models seems to be a little bigger than the DC models, león head proves it :p
Some scalling down will have to be done >:)

What do you mean?? Re2 on ps1 has more polys than cv models? It certainly doesn't look it. Why not retexture cv models to 2?

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#94 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:11 am

cbnj wrote:xaeroxcore

Yeah, DC can render very high quantity of polys altough to make re4 like models can require to downgrade enviroments a bit... (by bit i mean alot ;) )

If you have player models of re4 i can give a try as i dont have the gc iso anymore altough i have the extraction tools :)

I'm sure the Gamecube models would be a problem for DC. Maybe try the original pc or ps2 models. I wonder if those iphone models are available...

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#95 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:15 am

cbnj wrote:DreamcastFreak

Games like re0 and re1 are piece of cake for DC engine due there is no 3d enviroments this allow higer poly models for everything else, i consider those games could been natively running in dc if the console lifetime was enough long, the only thing to check about is how to correctly set distance and scale for the 2d backgrounds displayed on 3d planes and the scripting for swapping characters.

Outbreak and dead aim are full 3d so the general look of the models wont differ much of original cv models poly counts unless the ob rooms get heavily optimized and textures get concatenated into multitexture textures to handle as little number of high res textures as posible.

Yeah, remake and zero would definitely look great on DC, though I'm sure some things may be reduced. Probably fx and lighting

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#96 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:15 am

Rod Lima, During The Storm, Code: Madman, Gun Survivor Remake, Gaiden Remake & Remake Remake. Should be in the Golden Age terms of the RE modding world all those lost to time due to sabotage reasons.

RE20190624215045.png

Never forget this one post when ShiguWorks showed off the Airship. One week later bam everything about Code: Madman stopped altogether. Anytime someone gets close to making 3.5 happen just disappears! Completely Sucks.

Capcom has this Killswitch on 3.5 if anyone does anything remotely good on it across the Internet. Just so you know Capcom never liked nor enjoyed RE4 at all since Day One when played on the Gamecube. I was more impressed with MGS3 during the year 2005, which I miss on gaming terms.

If I could make 3D Models with all the area mapping sure get on with anything mentioned above. Forget about making new Cut Scenes & Voice Acting just takes up everyone time. Take the hints above don't become A-Lister just get on with it.

https://archive.org/download/rr-nintendo-gamecube

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/619/

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#97 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:12 pm

And this version of Resident Evil 4, did you know it?

This version could run on the Dreamcast.

cloofoofoo
Crazy Taxi!

Post#98 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:16 pm

cbnj wrote:xaeroxcore

You could use the old version resident evil 4 for pc, its much lower polygon count than gamecube.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#99 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:And this version of Resident Evil 4, did you know it?

This version could run on the Dreamcast.

Yeah, from my understanding they're the same models as the iphone version.

cbnj
brutal

Post#100 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:20 am

Okay ive checked all the post, in the zeebo side i just can say huge HA! Yeah sure can run it ;) that re4 were the móviles vericion whit only 4 levels very trimmed.

On the 3.5 demos and others betas and unreleaseds, i will try to not no dissapear for too long and in the cutscenes models, dunno if i will move on that soon, ill need more experiments, so such models wont be rigthnow in sigth.

For the re4 pc models im surprised the scenaries are lower poly that dc scenaries. Shenmue 1 and 2 use scenaries about 60,000 polys leaving about 5,000 for chars so those huge re4 scenaries could probably fit into dc but game will have to be fps due i still dont check the cameras fovs limits, textures would be the issue for a direct port. The playable models as león ate 5000+ polys wich is can be handled by dc but not efficently unless scenaries are trimmed down, the enemy models tough have same quantity of dc enemies, 700~800 verts so those models can be portet kinda directly.

Nope, re2 are lower polys, i just mean the model scale, re2 play station models are biger in size that dc ones in 3d editor and yes we can uv map them to re2 textures if desired... but as claire can look awesome in re2 outfit.... i dont think seeing steve using león outfit or steve looking like león but whit steve voice could be something my eyes and ears can hold on.... voice creation/replacement can be desesperatelly nedded :)

For now ive spending time checking what can i do whit the models and how to efficently achieve a high poly visual whit low poly models using correct poly structure and good texturing, also testing the materials capabilities and effects supported by the engine, transparencies, speculars, enviroments mapping etc, and also making a dummy model for general distribution wich contain a assembled body whit correct pivots and position for model developers to use it as base for their creations, someting like wysiwyg structure as the way you see the model in 3d editor is what youll get in game. (I hate the playstation exporter models setting models to 0 pos method, so anoying :p so instead to release some kind of model extractor tool i better release full modifiable models ready to be exporte/imported to game whit all correct settings applied exept uv maps and who knows maybe i also add a simple but better than original uv map too...)
Attachments
20240322_013234.jpg