RE Code Veronica / X Wesker vs Alexia Cutscene

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CORE316
photon blast

RE Code Veronica / X Wesker vs Alexia Cutscene

Post#1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:07 pm

Wondering since I seen some modding progress on Code Veronica and X.

There is a particular Cutscene difference in Code Veronica vs CVX this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-vkB20eu8c

The Cutscene is triggered again in the Battle Mode I was wondering if possible to have both Cutscenes the Main Game intact and swap the Battle Mode Cutscene with the Original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zmJBritp_k

So we basically have both Cutscenes in the Dreamcast Code Veronica X Translated GDEMU Fixed Version.

cbnj
brutal

Re: RE Code Veronica / X Wesker vs Alexia Cutscene

Post#2 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:49 pm

Well ill check the room assets and if they are the same... (models, props, items, etc, ) the script for such room can be just swapped/added to blattle room.
If the assets are diferent a new script holding major part of the original main game script should be made working only whit the battle mode assets, also... another way (and problably the easiest one) could be to just swap the room from main game to battle mode and just modify the script to send you to result screen after the monster is beaten up.

I think i know already enough of the game script to achieve this but ill have to check it up.
Last edited by cbnj on Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

cbnj
brutal

Post#3 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:50 am

This post got edited.

I just checked the jp versión of game and i will make some test.

CORE316
photon blast

Post#4 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:04 pm

Sounds good main game wesker holds his own.

Battle Game he gets beat off walls or vice versa they are scripted in game scenes? so surely the animation rigging or whatever with sounds is there?

Code Veronica is definitely my favourite as far as the storyline was then 4 seemed to derail it all.

cbnj
brutal

Post#5 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:59 am

Well the cutscene keeps split in two, unfortunatelly wesker speaking is in 9320 and wesker battle is in 9321, swapping the room works okay, the cutscenes play correctly, the voices tough are messed up, i think also some sounds but nothing really noticeable, for now i find myself dissasenbleing the code removing the useless parts as the checkers for the normal game so only the cutscene remains, later when i insolate the code for cutscene ill start to look for sound callers to direct them to dummied voices in voice.afs for future import from disc 2 and add a enemy dead trigger + goto result screen, i will have to cut off some of the cutscene since is Chris the one to remain in the room in the cutscene, maybe cutting off after wesker hit alexia and jumping to battle from there, and finally ill try to add a special check in main game room, we could jump form battle mode to main game room for transformation and back to battle game for alexia figth, or if i achieve ti insolate the cutscene too maybe i can import it in bm room to hold it, but not sure how much that special check +cutscene swap would take me to implement it, for now ill focus to make the bm room swap to work okay, i already got able to remove 4 of the functions not affecting the cutscenes or gameplay after them.

yes cv is nice game i like it :)

CORE316
photon blast

Post#6 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:07 pm

0-9 seconds Cut - Alexia Hits Wesker. Chris Cut Out.
13-26 seconds End - Wesker mumbles about Alexias Power she jumps hits him again and she looks at Chris but Chris Cut out instead it shows her looking and Cutsoff to Battle Game with her and Wesker.

I counted the Seconds in 0-9 Cut 13-26 End.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vgIAImQHfw

Is it possible to do this? It pretty cool the work your doing on it fullstop :-)

cbnj
brutal

Post#7 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:19 am

CORE316
Ah the original DC cutscene :) yes chris is the one left behind, that part will have to be removed ^^ and thanks! Trying to make it up, altough doing it in the jap versión.
Funny wesker is such a coward xD

peido
rebel

Post#8 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:40 am

This would be a cool thing to add on the viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8493&start=70 version of the game, if possible.
It could be made into an Ultimate RECV :D
Thanks to anyone that loses hours of life trying this.

cbnj
brutal

Post#9 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:20 am

I have not added stuff here but this project keeps going on :)

cbnj
brutal

Post#10 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:22 am

peido

You mean the french translation? :O