Prospect of Mobile Suit Gundam DX English Translation

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

TapamN
letterbomb

Re: Prospect of Mobile Suit Gundam DX English Translation

Post#11 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:25 pm

toastedgreedo wrote:Wow it's good to know that the TEX files do indeed contain texture data. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get your tool to run for me, but it's pretty neat that you have that. Do you happen to know if LOGO_TXT.MLT or LOGB_TEX.BIN contains logo or menu textures? I have the translated textures, and thought it would be as simple as converting to the right format and replacing it in the extracted GDI, but with the format being compressed, it's a bit more complicated than that huh.

They probably contain textures, but the textures in them are likely not VQ compressed textures, so it's harder to see any texture data in them with my viewer. Since VQ textures are already compressed, they don't compress much further and I could still see some of the raw data with my viewer with the other files.

With the non-MLT compressed files containing textures, there is no .PVR header in them (which starts with the string "PVRT"). The game uses it's own kind of header. So even for the uncompressed files, there would be more work to insert the new texture data.

MD_Prometh
rebel

Re: Prospect of Mobile Suit Gundam DX English Translation

Post#12 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:19 pm

I'd be interested in seeing a translation for Mobile Suit Gundam DX. I'd also be interested in seeing an undue / translation patch for the Japanese version of Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes, which contains extra content not in the US version. It is another one of those games that does not have in-game subs for the radio chatter though, so those would need to be hacked in.