Mortal Kombat (arcade) ơn Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ekapkin
shadow

Mortal Kombat (arcade) ơn Dreamcast

Post#1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:03 pm

Hello all, Is there way to play Arcade versions of mortal kombat 1, 2 and 3 (ultimate) on dreamcast? I have gdemu and tried Mame4all but couldn't find a version (cdi or gdi) that includes MK series?

I found extracted version of mame4all and placed MK rom files but then I don't know how to convert the folders to gdi or cdi format? (even if I would manage to convert mame4all folder to cdi, I am not sure if this works? Does anyone have an experience about it.

I really appreciate your help.

ekapkin
shadow

Re: Mortal Kombat (arcade) ơn Dreamcast

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:04 am

Thanks Ian. I wish there could be a way. I guess at this point snes or genesis emulation is the best we can get closer to play MK series

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:23 pm

You can absolutely play MK Trilogy bleemed though.

There was also this.

viewtopic.php?t=14940

ekapkin
shadow

Post#5 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:39 am

Thank you Anthony817! This really opened up a new world for me. Luckily, I found bleemcast related posts here and on the net. Then, I tried a few files and finally I was able to play MK3 PSX version (not the openBor version) which was quite playable on DC. Thanks for all help! People may like to check these links below:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12026

https://archive.org/details/BleemcastShindouGo

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#6 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:34 pm

It exists a home new version of "Arcade MK1" that it is a re-make, dont remember what console it is from, i think it is SNES or Genesis it was improved with all sounds and enhanced graphics
Last edited by Ro Magnus Larsson on Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#7 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:19 pm

Megadrive emulation on the Dreamcast in 2024 is pretty stunning thanks to a few very talented devs and there are a ton of Megadrive Mortal Kombat rom hacks. Been a few years since I played them but there's definitely an arcade version of MK1 which from memory is leaps ahead of the original retail release and weighs in at 32 megs. There's also a brilliant romhack of MK3 ultimate which is even bigger. Cart memory back in the day was just too expensive and one of the limiting factors for the Megadrive ports. Others will probably know more but if these play on the Dreamcast Megadrive emulator you're pretty much covered for classic MK.

ekapkin
shadow

Post#8 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:21 pm

Thanks Cass. I found really cool MK hack version on romhacking.net I am able play them on my computer via retroarch. Now I must figure out how to make a dreamcast cdi file that emulates these roms!

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:10 pm

Not 100% the romhacks work by the way but I can't see why not unless there is a maximum size of ROM the emulator can deal with. Others will know more

https://youtu.be/kYUH24dSn9A?si=0fQyL3HtMvTck2d3

Everything you need to know courtesy of Ian - for a standalone image for a single game. Great if you have a GDEMU. Alternatively you could download the Megadrive/Genesis emulator from here (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14933) and add the MK roms to the image and burn if you've got a GDROM. Might also work with the SD card adaptor but not sure. Have a dig around I'm really no expert but I just remember playing some of those ROM hacks and they're labours of love and big improvements on the retail releases.

ekapkin
shadow

Post#10 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:07 pm

Thanks Cass! I found MK Arcade edition (hacked) for Genesis and I used Ian's package to create self-boot cdi. I had to use BootDreams instead of Ian's package though (I couldn't run the bat file). I personalized the boot screen and all. It actually worked well! I was able to play MK1 on dreamcast it was amazing!

Thanks for all guidance and Ian thanks for amazing work for "IMR GENESIS AUTOPORT BUILDERS" I just couldn't find a way to create mk1 themed vmu image. Those I created on photoshop was always 320byte and yours is 386byte. Maybe you can help me about it. Thanks again. I wanted share a screenshot of the loading screen I had from retroarch.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 00.05.15.png