Mortal Kombat (arcade) ơn Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Cass
MegaDeath

Re: Mortal Kombat (arcade) ơn Dreamcast

Post#11 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:30 pm

Giving IMR his props in the top left 8-). I must check some of the MK romhacks out again when I get a bit of time - it's a bit of a rabbit hole as there are lots of different version but that whole 2D classic fighting scene and those devs never seem to stop. They've done a hell of a lot of work on nearly all the SNK, MIDWAY and CAPCOM classics released for the Megadrive.

I'm not even sure if this is a hack or something else but the Real Bout Fatal Fury Special homebrew for Megadrive looks amazing - https://youtu.be/DUAPGOBteak?si=x3-G4w1RJpfAQEsP

BTW if you get a bit frustrated burning coasters as you go down this rabbit hole and think about going GDEMU. The BItfunk clones over at AliExpress are going cheap - last time I looked they were selling them for around £30 which is very reasonable given they've been a lot more expensive in the recent past.

And don't sleep on this one courtesy of who else - https://youtu.be/UIWm_tXSq6A?si=s89fIWqG8UX9F8WX

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#12 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 am

MK 16BIT Arcade edition Vs Original Arcade

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/xjLnHwti1dY?si=9Dhr5wF3TFi9BV3C[/Youtube]
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

ekapkin
shadow

Post#13 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:12 am

I found good MK romhacks for genesis and I used Imr techtool to create self-boot cdi. I only changed the bg-image. I wanted change the VMU image but couldn't success. You can find those cdi files below (MK1,MK2,MK3, MK3ultimate. I hope eveybody enjoys the fun that Ian and other roomhackes offers for us.

Download
Attachments
3u.PNG
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
3.PNG
Mortal Kombat 3
2.PNG
Mortal Kombat 2
1.PNG
Mortal Kombat 1 (Arcade Edition)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:38 pm

to change vmu image is easy https://streamable.com/g0r33s
just need the correct version of gimp pretty much open mine copy from yours to mine then
overwrite it must be 386bytes if not it will not work later versions of gimp break when
overwriting and change it..
Attachments
bandicam_2024-02-19_05-36-11-169.jpg

ekapkin
shadow

Post#15 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:21 am

Thank you Ian (Imr Tech). GIMP worked out to create vmu image. I really appreciate your all efforts to create these amazing tools. I am really thankful to all amazing people who created these games, hacks and tools. I am sure people like myself will enjoy playing these games.

Here is the updated CDI with vmu images and theme sound...
Download v2

sh4
shadow

Post#16 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:39 am

Just got back into DC and not up to date....What's the status with 32x emulation on Dreamcast? Reason I ask- there's the better 32x version of Mortal Kombat 2- can that be played on Dreamcast?
"We should've listened to Sega’s weird fish....Now look where we are." -Anonymous-

ekapkin
shadow

Post#17 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:43 am

There is also psx version of MK2 which looks nicer. Maybe someone can bleemcast of it (I actually tried to create self boot bleem for mk2 (Japan version) but I couldnt deal with Bleem!Cast SelfBoot Script64-v2 and AutoBleemer.

sh4
shadow

Post#18 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:44 am

I was always frustrated with the saturn port and its lobotomized sound or lack of.
"We should've listened to Sega’s weird fish....Now look where we are." -Anonymous-

sh4
shadow

Post#19 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 am

Ian Micheal wrote:No

Hi Ian, any thoughts on the possibility of a Mortal Kombat 2 MUGEN port?