Hello, Dreamcast users!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Maztr_0n
fire

Hello, Dreamcast users!

Post#1 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:57 am

Hi, my username is Maztr_0n. I've never grown up with a dreamcast before, i never met anyone who had one really and before i was even super interested like i am now i only ever tried one game on an emulator (That being the oddly rushed port of GTA2) But the homebrew scene and the way the system is kept half-alive by fans to this day, so even though i was trying to downsize my games collection i wanted to mainly start collecting Sega stuff, so once i had enough money i bought a used DC system online and bought Virtua Tennis at a local games store and... honestly i havent gotten around to trying the system yet! :shock:

(Slight Derail) mines slightly yellowed and has like... idk how to describe it but its got like a little part above the sega logo like chipped off? such an odd kind of damage to the console, but isnt noticeable.

I'm personally waiting for a controller i bought online to arrive in the mail first before i try it and even then i dont have a VMU or memory card to save my data! But my console came with the Generator Vol 1. Demo Disc, so that should hold me over for some time before i get a VMU and a few games, thinking for my next title i should get "4x4 Evo" since its a pretty cheap, online enabled game. I'll ask about that here when i'm closer to doing that. Other than that i might wanna replace the clock capacitor and fuse just in case once i really get started playing the Dreamcast!

And long overdue, i've been lurking around the forum a little bit when i'm bored, but honestly even if i havent played on a system yet. I've got one! and i'm hoping to spend lots of time with it so here i am! in this forum! Hoping this is the start of a lovely journey with the Dreamcast Fandom!

Thanks for Reading!
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||