My Introduction (Notorious Maxx Sand)

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!
Maxx Sand
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Shenmue 1, Sturmwind.

My Introduction (Notorious Maxx Sand)

Post by Maxx Sand »

Hi everyone. I guess I will start from the beginning.

I was born in 1993.(6 years before DC launched in the USA) My oldest brother who is 10 years part from me got the Dreamcast on launch day. He collected and played just about every popular official release from Sonic to Shenmue. I never really understood the concept of video games until around 2007. My brother moved out that year and took almost his entire video game collection. He did leave me one of his spare Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure 2, and several burned games on CD-Rs. I may not have understood video games that well back then but I knew enough to know that Game consoles shouldn't be able to play burned copies of games. So I asked my brother about it and he said that the Dreamcast is still very popular because of its ability to play burned games and that since SEGA discontinued all forms of support and console manufacturing that after-market personal copies/backups of media are fine to use.

Since then I did research to better understand the Dreamcast and why it has remained so popular over 2 gaming generations later.

At this point (2009+) I played on other consoles as well as my Dreamcast like Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, and PC games. but out of all of them the Dreamcast was the one i played the most

Then in about 2011 i decided to search for any Dreamcast related forums because of all the new after market games being released for the Dreamcast still. within my first few searches i found this site, but i was unsure if it was active or what i was looking for, so I never signed up. I just kind of lurked around here as a guest for several years.

As for presently I just randomly decided to sign up here and give it a shot. See if their really is any other Dreamcast "diehards" like myself :D

As for the nickname/username that I chose: "The Notorious Maxx Sand", it is a nickname I gave myself around the gaming community because I would relentlessly try to convince people to get a Dreamcast and be apart of the Scene. All though my methods of "persuasion" may have been a bit harsh sometimes, almost everyone who listened to me and later contacted me told me they liked the feel of the system and the games.

That is about it for my introduction but if you guys have any questions ask :)
The Notorious Maxx Sand

krssn
Metallic

Re: My Introduction (Notorious Maxx Sand)

Post by krssn »

Maxx Sand wrote:All though my methods of "persuasion" may have been a bit harsh sometimes
Did it involve listening to this song?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Maxx Sand
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Shenmue 1, Sturmwind.

Post by Maxx Sand »

krssn wrote:
Maxx Sand wrote:All though my methods of "persuasion" may have been a bit harsh sometimes
Did it involve listening to this song?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q
lol... no. It involved harsh, yet somewhat civil conversations.

I haven't heard that song in a while. I do love all the oldies.
The Notorious Maxx Sand

Radkin
PSOaholic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Q3A, 4x4 & Maximum Pool

Post by Radkin »

Hey we were born the same year! Lol. Welcome to the community.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

VasiliyRS
Uber
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Areana
Phantasy Star Online v2

Post by VasiliyRS »

Hello and welcome Maxx Sand!

krssn
Metallic

Post by krssn »

Buncha young punks... lol

I wonder if any of you got that Reservoir Dogs reference. The movie apparently came out a year before you guys were born. Which makes me feel very old now... lol

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

Have you had a chance to play the Dreamcast online, Maxx Sand?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Radkin
PSOaholic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Q3A, 4x4 & Maximum Pool

Post by Radkin »

krssn wrote:Buncha young punks... lol

I wonder if any of you got that Reservoir Dogs reference. The movie apparently came out a year before you guys were born. Which makes me feel very old now... lol
Best movie ever.
"I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job."
-Mr.Pink.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube