Making a image out of pure data

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

K_I_R_E_E_K

Making a image out of pure data

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Let's consider the actual situation, i want a modified texture pso ver.2, i can pick most files from the game itself, then i change the texture files i want.

Now, i'm left with data, is there a way to make a image out of that data?
The reason i need the iage is to test it on nulldc and if it pleases me then i will burn the disk with it.

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None.

Re: Making a image out of pure data

Post by TuxTheWise »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Let's consider the actual situation, i want a modified texture pso ver.2, i can pick most files from the game itself, then i change the texture files i want.

Now, i'm left with data, is there a way to make a image out of that data?
The reason i need the iage is to test it on nulldc and if it pleases me then i will burn the disk with it.
You will have to find some programs in the internet. PM me for the ones you can't find on internet (but I don't think you'll need, they're easy to find).

1) Keep the modified files with you.
2) Use IP.BIN extractor from here to get IP.BIN of the image.
3) Get the original CDI image. Use cdirip on it. Take note of the number that appears on first track (11700 or 11702).
4) If it's 11702, use the cdrecord with the audio.raw included in the tools pack for Echelon's selfboot method this way:

Code: Select all

cdrecord.exe -dev=a,b,c -multi -audio audio.raw -speed=x
(value a,b,c must be replaced by the -msinfo info (check Echelon's tutorial), x replaced by the recording speed).
If it's 11700, use cdrhack from here.
You're first session must be burnt by now.
5) Use mkisofs with the plain files the way it's described in Echelon's tutorial to create the image.
6) Use ipins.exe to insert IP.BIN in the image.
7) Record it using cdrecord.

It's basically the Echelon's selfboot method, but skipping the binhack.exe part.
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Wait, if i understood correctly i will be forced to record on a CD-R right?
Isn't there a way just to make the image?

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None.

Post by TuxTheWise »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Wait, if i understood correctly i will be forced to record on a CD-R right?
Isn't there a way just to make the image?
Well, there is not an easy way to make image directly, you would need to make some research about the image format. So if you see this way, yes, you're forced to record a CD-R.

Getting a 12x CD-RW is a good idea if you're making some tests.
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!