What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

Post#391 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:48 pm

I was playing some Test Drive Le Mans a while ago.
Peugeot Talbot car all the way.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#392 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:47 am

I got and played a little of 'Power Jet Racing 2001' last night. It would be nice if there was a quick race option or custom races with opponents instead of just Championship and Time Attack. Nice water though.

EDIT: Also, does it bother anyone else that this game came with a dark gray CD tray? It bothers me, so I swapped it with a white tray like other Japanese DC games (half the middle spindle thing had broken tabs anyway).

beanboy
Wazza

Post#393 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:42 pm

I played Project Justice yesterday. Good fun.

sonikkublue
rebel

Post#394 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:40 pm

i've been somewhat hooked on wetrix+ as of late while waiting for my gdemu to show up, especially since i hadn't played it in a hot minute. quite fun, though my landscapes always end up looking so ugly :P

beanboy
Wazza

Post#395 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:47 am

For the past few days, I've been playing some vs cpu battles in MvC Clash of Superheroes. I took two days off of gaming, then went back to playing it again today, me vs. cpu, 5 outta 5 matches. Then a bit of Last Blade 2. I had alot of fun playing Kojiroh, and I came second in ranking. Then I played Okina. After that, I had alot of fun playing CVS 1, with the characters Yuri, Chun Li and Morrigan. Good fun.

CherryPixelBun
noob

Post#396 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:38 pm

After getting mine and setting it up with a GDEMU I've been playing Half-Life as well as the Paranoia total conversion to see how both were changed in the porting process as well as satiating my weird obsession with obscure console ports of games.

sonikkublue
rebel

Post#397 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:31 am

just got through playing a little bit of street fighter alpha 3 and getting my rear end handed to me, lol

CherryPixelBun wrote:After getting mine and setting it up with a GDEMU I've been playing Half-Life as well as the Paranoia total conversion to see how both were changed in the porting process as well as satiating my weird obsession with obscure console ports of games.

honest to god nearly contemplated playing half-life through that version until i just went ahead and got it on steam like a normal person. kind of sad that it never really got finished up and released for the system, but it is what it is.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#398 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:34 pm

That Paranoia mod is one of the best mods for the Dreamcast, hope you enjoyed it bro

DreamcastKev
shadow

Post#399 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:24 am

Mainly just Sonic Adventure 1/2, I would like to play Vigilante 8 more but it won't support vga mode. Is there a way to play vigilante 8 on vga?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#400 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 pm

You may trick V82 to VGA but would stress connectors/cords etcetc..

on this note I despise this Dreamcast port not only that it's perfect split-screen no framerate issues @ all.. but, after each+every round your character is muted supposed to say something

How was that+this ever+even overlooked >.<

EDIT: y'know this, supposed to play a victory er defeat line but after every round it's jus *geh*. I believe even the Star Wars Demolition version kept that in-effect but it's been years since I've booted this up