Stress reliefing Dreamcast games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Stress reliefing Dreamcast games

Post#11 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm

REZ just chill and shoot to the beat. Get some headphones and a dark room.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#12 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:13 am

Play Rush 2049 and spend some time finding the best ways to launch yourself 50 feet into the air while flipping all over the place and eventually crashing and exploding. So much fun.

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#13 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks everyone for the suggestion, I'll keep reading as they come. So far the best relief has been crazy taxi for me, I get really into it sometimes and forget about everything else lol.

Sega RPG

Post#14 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:12 am

mother_b wrote:I do "Sega Bass Fishing" with fishing rod controller........OK you can laugh now :D

Ah that's why we are not seeing you anymore online, because you went fishing...

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#15 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:49 pm

I enjoy driving over the grass in Monaco while drinking beer. I also find frag nights relaxing while drinking beer.

I pretty much enjoy all my dc games while drinking beer

!!BEER!!!
Italian Stallion

Neoblast
Developer

Post#16 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:25 pm

If it's stress relieving.... I think shenmue fits quite well. The music, strolling over yokosuka or Hong Kong/guilin.

PSO as well...

Some quests in sonic adventure or chao breeding...
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Marilami
noob

Post#17 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:57 pm

I just feel like people are underestimating the effect that stress can have on a person... I understand that everyone has their own way of relieving stress, so I guess playing video games is as good a way as any out there. As long as you do something about it. Stress can be just the beginning, with BPD not too far down the road, and if you read up on https://fherehab.com/pd/signs-of-bpd/ , you’ll know just how scary BPD is. It can affect your life in ways that you didn't know a mental disorder could. I probably know this best since my sister was diagnosed with it. We were very ignorant and didn’t see the writing on the wall.
Last edited by Marilami on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#18 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 pm

Online would be Max Pool. The most casual game online because you basically hang out, friendly chats, no one really cares or even knows who won by the end of the night. It's just about chillin' and not spilling Mechanic's beer. Follow those two steps and you'll be good...lol!

2nd online is Planet Web, Dobro. You will need the mic to play it. You play as a team as a silly robber who jumps in a taxi as a getaway car. How silly is that.

3rd is Fish Life. You can check out the exotic fish in your LCD aquarium. Really good detail, but watch out for that piranha...lol!

Offline is tough because I always play games with the family offline except Intellimess.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

beanboy
Wazza

Post#19 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:27 pm

Test Drive V Rally 2.
Just go into Time Trial mode, remove the ghost car, pick any car, pick a race course, and just drive/race through it by yourself for a few laps. Trust me, it's very relaxing. 8-)