Favourite Peripherals?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Neo-dreamer
dark night

Re: Favourite Peripherals?

Post#11 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:33 pm

The Arcade Stick and I need it again. I would like to get fight pad ft SNK version, Steering wheel and maybe the Pop n Music controller.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#12 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:29 pm

Yeah I always found those ASCII fight pads pretty cool. I have the Pop N Music controller, but haven't played it much.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#13 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:17 pm

The ASCII FT pads are awesome. They work well with more games than you would think.

AyeYoYoYOOO
Anarki

Post#14 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:03 am

Brook Wingman SD

(Allows for PS3/PS4/PS5 arcade sticks/wireless/wired-controllers to be used, at less than a tenth of a ms of lag IIRC)

Snake79
lithium

Post#15 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:34 am

It's a tough question as the DC had a number of good peripherals, although most were only really useful with a select numbers of games. The arcade stick probably has the widest use of games in the library, outside the regular controller.

I really like the racing wheel as it was my go to for MSR, F355, Sega Rally 2 and Tokyo Highway Challenge. It wasn't perfect though. I used to play it on my lap but titled it forward so the wheel was parallel to my torso. I just prefered using it that way.

I think my vote would be the official light gun, despite only being compaitble with just a few games. The first time playing House of the Dead 2 with the light gun was a joy. It really felt like a true arcade experience at home on a large CRT. Coupled with the vibration pack, it transformed the game.

Moosyin
rebel

Post#16 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:16 pm

The Densha De Go controller!!

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#17 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:48 pm

One of the best parts of the Dreamcast is the epic peripherals.

My answer since I was 14 was always the Samba De Amigo maracas, which I think are freaking amazing and go to the greatest dance rhythm game ever.

But I might have to change my mind after finally digging out and hooking up my DreamEye to experience Visual Park. Then now seeing what SWAT and the crew have done with it in DreamShell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXiwwTQ0BhU, it really might be my new favorite peripheral.

RobisMarshall
fire

Post#18 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 pm

I like the madcatz dreampad as a controller when I want something different, and the mouse which works perfect for silent scope. Seriously I hate playing that game without it now

Tankish83
shadow

Post#19 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:51 pm

Honestly the best peripheral is the arcade fight stick. I've been wanting one for ever to mod it with a square gate Sanwa joystick and buttons.

Skatingamer
noob

Post#20 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:12 pm

It's 2024 and I'm still playing MvC2 with my MAS stick I got over 2 decades ago. The only true American arcade stick!

Return to “Lounge”