Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Re: Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

Post#11 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:25 pm

deluxux wrote:Cool ideas! Now let's get a crew of 100 working on it, 50 hour weeks and pay will be in the form of pats on the back and high fives.

Lol :lol:

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#12 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:46 pm

I was just thinking more about if a sequel was made for the game and if it had a VMU mini game for it. Now that the VM2 is out and you can actually use your VMU to play the VMU mini games without it dying quick would the VMU mini game be like? I was thinking it would be like the VMU mini game pocket GT racer/GT pocket America. Or something like the Namco arcade game Rally-X and pick up power up's or gain points? Maybe playing it would level up your car or unlock new skins for you car? Maybe you would be able to unlock a part of the game with it or a special feature in it? Maybe view cool VMU animations like Shenmue had? Just some idea's

kazade
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:23 pm

Thanks for the list! Comments inline below :)

Sonic1994DC wrote:
DLC like downloading special cars, new stages, items - Cars would be possible, and I considered it, but it was too much work.
A webpage for the game that modem and bba users can access - I can still do this :)
Have leaderboards like how Alien Front Online does - This is coming! Every match you've ever played online has submitted the winner - I have been collecting the data!
Lan support hit-300 -This is also coming!
Item power up's - I had to drop this due to bandwidth limitations, networking 5 objects (4 cars + ball) was already over the bandwidth limit
Customizable car's like changing the colors, auto parts - Yeah that would be nice
Create teams - Same
Voice chat - I will look at this for a future game I think
Destructible cars? - Maybe?
New stages plus the best stages from the first - Of course :)
Remix songs from the first game - Good idea!
New menu's - Actually, the menus were a large chunk of development time, I think I can streamline the menus
More game selections/features, death match, last car standing, capture the flag, red vs blue - Yep, all were limited because of bandwidth
6-8 players online for special matches - Unlikely to be possible for DC
60 fps for all online - Maybe...
Make the game where you don't need to portforward or have to DMZ - I've coded UPNP support, it's in testing for the PC version. It should work on the DC...
Have cheat codes, all cars are Dreamcast or PC's - There are some cheat codes ;)
Link cable support - That's a cool idea
VMU mini game - Maybe when there's a C compiler available

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#14 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm

kazade wrote:Thanks for the list! Comments inline below :)

Sonic1994DC wrote:
DLC like downloading special cars, new stages, items - Cars would be possible, and I considered it, but it was too much work.
A webpage for the game that modem and bba users can access - I can still do this :)
Have leaderboards like how Alien Front Online does - This is coming! Every match you've ever played online has submitted the winner - I have been collecting the data!
Lan support hit-300 -This is also coming!
Item power up's - I had to drop this due to bandwidth limitations, networking 5 objects (4 cars + ball) was already over the bandwidth limit
Customizable car's like changing the colors, auto parts - Yeah that would be nice
Create teams - Same
Voice chat - I will look at this for a future game I think
Destructible cars? - Maybe?
New stages plus the best stages from the first - Of course :)
Remix songs from the first game - Good idea!
New menu's - Actually, the menus were a large chunk of development time, I think I can streamline the menus
More game selections/features, death match, last car standing, capture the flag, red vs blue - Yep, all were limited because of bandwidth
6-8 players online for special matches - Unlikely to be possible for DC
60 fps for all online - Maybe...
Make the game where you don't need to portforward or have to DMZ - I've coded UPNP support, it's in testing for the PC version. It should work on the DC...
Have cheat codes, all cars are Dreamcast or PC's - There are some cheat codes ;)
Link cable support - That's a cool idea
VMU mini game - Maybe when there's a C compiler available

Glad you like my idea's for a Driving Strikers sequel. Please feel free to use these idea's I have, I would like to (if I can) give feed back to you about the game and any new idea's I have. I see and imagine great things for this game. I want it to be a new favorite online Dreamcast game and know it can be :) Also I just thought of setting your Dreamcast clock to the launch date to Japan's, USA, Europe release to unlock a car or skin like a Red, Orange, or Blue swirl for your car

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#15 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:29 pm

I was just thinking of a little more features to add to the game if a sequel was to be made. I might of already stated this but have a game mode/battle mode where is like bomb tag from the game 4x4 Evolution. That would be fun mode to play online with your friends or a battle mode where you have to knock off the others cars off the stage to win. Kind of like last man standing. Maybe have a mode where you play till you win and the more you win the better you rank in the game is or unlock new stages/car's. Also I was I was thinking of maybe having a weather system in the game but that might be too hard to do for the Dreamcast. I was thinking like Blue Sky Beach in day time, then Blue Sky Beach at sunset, then Blue Sky Beach at night. Then maybe a Blue Sky Beach during rain or snow. Maybe during a typical storm lol. And I don't know if possible but I if a sequel were to be made could Driving Strikers connect to the new Driving Strikers? Like could they play together online? Just some more idea's I had, I hope there good. Also you talked about there being some cheat codes for the game? Do you mean there are codes in the current Driving Strikers? If so can you please share them :)

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#16 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:03 am

It wouldn't be a sequel, but if a next game is released, it could take advantage of the engine and make an online car battle game, similar to Destruction Derby.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#17 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:17 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:It wouldn't be a sequel, but if a next game is released, it could take advantage of the engine and make an online car battle game, similar to Destruction Derby.

I like that idea, I would want a sequel also

Maztr_0n
fire

Post#18 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:31 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:It wouldn't be a sequel, but if a next game is released, it could take advantage of the engine and make an online car battle game, similar to Destruction Derby.

if there was a sequel/spinoff (havent gotten to try the game yet unfortunately) i'd hope for an American a/o Aussie Football mode, perhaps the destruction derby style suggestion could work with that? Like if 4x4 Evo/Jam, Twisted Metal and NFL 2K had an estranged baby.
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||

Xiden
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:43 pm

Maztr_0n wrote:

if there was a sequel/spinoff (havent gotten to try the game yet unfortunately) i'd hope for an American a/o Aussie Football mode, perhaps the destruction derby style suggestion could work with that? Like if 4x4 Evo/Jam, Twisted Metal and NFL 2K had an estranged baby.

+1 twisted metal inspired game

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#20 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:46 pm

Maztr_0n wrote:

Great idea's