Dreamcast in 4K with RetroTink 4K; a review

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Dreamcast in 4K with RetroTink 4K; a review

Post#1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:48 am

curious who else picked up a RetroTink? Finally I have as good of an image as I get with my DC and VGA into a new old stock Sony Trinitron VGA monitor

Holsten
fragger

Re: Dreamcast in 4K with RetroTink 4K; a review

Post#2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:41 am

:mrgreen:
Attachments
20240119_154003.jpg
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:24 am

I'm using my RT4K with DCDigital in direct/passthru mode and it's glorious.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Caspian
core

Post#4 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:14 am

I'm using the mClassic and the results are very similar. Only difference is the lack of parameterization options, which could be compensated to some degree if used with the OSSC as an input to the mClassic. Not sure how much Retrotink 4k goes these days but the mClassic/OSSC combo is less than half of the MSRP and the result is awesome. If one has an AV receiver with 4k upscaler, then he can go the extra step of upscaling all the way up to 2160p. The difference would be small and that would drive the cost a little above Retrotink's MSRP but you can do so much more with the AV receiver in terms of home cinema etc and enjoy 4k for the Dreamcast at the same time.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#5 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:40 am

Holsten wrote::mrgreen:

lol nice