October Game Contest - Crazy Taxi

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DC_Tman
fragger

Re: October Game Contest - Crazy Taxi

Post#31 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 am

I'm getting better at it. I got to $3,500 the other day. It's friggin' hard though!
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#32 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:20 pm

DC_Tman wrote:I'm getting better at it. I got to $3,500 the other day. It's friggin' hard though!

Yes, it is a hard game. I think when you mess up in this one it's more critical than the second game. Ten again, it might also have to do with not having the ability to jump over cars. lol. Great job to everyone so far.
:)
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#33 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:21 pm

Radkin wrote:
DC_Tman wrote:I'm getting better at it. I got to $3,500 the other day. It's friggin' hard though!

Yes, it is a hard game. I think when you mess up in this one it's more critical than the second game. Ten again, it might also have to do with not having the ability to jump over cars. lol. Great job to everyone so far.
:)
yeah jumping has a lot to do with it. in the 2nt game you earn money by jumping. in the 1st one you do too but ya cant make the car jump at will. if you want to earn lots of money ya have to squeeze every penny out of your passengers. its tough to do it takes a combination of not ramming traffic and driving like a nut at the same time. also jump everything ya can and power slide by turning sharp.

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#34 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Haha. Yes, very true. I play very radically, so it's hard for me not to drive like a nutcase. :lol: Also, I feel the streets are very hard to navigate through, so, you can't help but to smash into a few cars along the way. Unfortunately.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Doom27
MegaDeath

Post#35 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:18 pm

what is november's game?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#36 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 pm

I can't beat that, so who is the official winner? We need to post it in a "Winner's Circle" or something. Some place that only the Admin can post a winner.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#37 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:I can't beat that, so who is the official winner? We need to post it in a "Winner's Circle" or something. Some place that only the Admin can post a winner.

as of right now i am in the lead with $4,156.26 for a 5 minute run. we still have 11 days left. imo it is too early to name a winner.

Doom27 wrote:what is november's game?
yeah shouldn't we be planning next months game now?

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#38 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:39 pm

Gary_b wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:I can't beat that, so who is the official winner? We need to post it in a "Winner's Circle" or something. Some place that only the Admin can post a winner.

as of right now i am in the lead with $4,156.26 for a 5 minute run. we still have 11 days left. imo it is too early to name a winner.

Doom27 wrote:what is november's game?
yeah shouldn't we be planning next months game now?

I vote Jet Grind Radio! :D

Although I don't see how we could make it into a contest....
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System

Impulse
Admin

Post#39 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:45 pm

New post created for discussing Novembers game...
-Impulse

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#40 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks Impulse. And thank you to whom brought to our attention we should start planning for November. lol. The winner of the Crazy-Taxi contest will soon be announced. ;)
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube