Dreamcast Games that are raising in price?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Dreamcast Games that are raising in price?

Post#61 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:18 pm

I was at a local video game shop yesterday, and they actually had two Wonderswan games (one B&W, one Color). They were decently priced at $10 each, complete, but both were Gundam games that you need a full understanding of the language or a guide to get anything out of.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#62 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Aye, interesting.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#63 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:10 pm

CvS Pro Japanese import new $159.10 on amazon.
At least it's not $300. :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#64 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:16 am

Yep. They are going up again.
I recently heard that Daytona USA, is getting a price raise again, from a few vendors on amazon.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#65 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Amazon is never a good place to look for Dreamcast games at fair market value. Every once in a while you get lucky (I did with The Next Tetris a couple of weeks ago), but otherwise, oomph.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#66 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:00 pm

Yeah, true.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#67 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:25 pm

It's 2021. I'm curious to see the prices of dreamcast games this year, especially if the game's are in mint condition, or imported from Japan.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#68 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:36 pm

I have quite a few games I'm gonna be selling very soon. Includes a bunch of Japanese imports (mostly ones with online functionality) as well as PAL. I do have some US titles too - again mostly online titles. I haven't yet started looking at market value though.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#69 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Roareye wrote:I have quite a few games I'm gonna be selling very soon. Includes a bunch of Japanese imports (mostly ones with online functionality) as well as PAL. I do have some US titles too - again mostly online titles. I haven't yet started looking at market value though.

You have my attention.

lozz
core

Post#70 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:23 am

I bought most of my games in 2005-2010, and at that point, stores didn't seem to be able to give them away. Quite a few of my cases still have the nasty price stickers plastered over them - here are a few which demonstrate how much prices have inflated. The days of seeing a £1.00 label on a game are definitely over. I suppose the upside is that all the renewed interest means that the various DC forums, websites, discord channels etc. are very active.
Attachments
DSC_0088.JPG