Frame Gride was partially translated to english (now fully!)

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Re: Frame Gride was partially translated to english (now ful

Post#31 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 am

No, this is made by Gary. PM sent ;)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#32 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 pm

hey has anyone used Frame Gride 100% to play the game yet and found that the save files ALWAYS corrupt when you come back a few days later? I need to try doing one on an official VM as I am just using Joytech and my Massive Memory Card atm. Though the game recognises other older saves made from the JAP version of the game. It just shows the latest save as unreadable

thanks
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

lucasmilu
noob

Post#33 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:hey has anyone used Frame Gride 100% to play the game yet and found that the save files ALWAYS corrupt when you come back a few days later? I need to try doing one on an official VM as I am just using Joytech and my Massive Memory Card atm. Though the game recognises other older saves made from the JAP version of the game. It just shows the latest save as unreadable

thanks

I had this same problem, but its not actually save files is corrupted, this happens because of the changes that were made during updates, for example, when I change a squire name, is already enough to corrupt the previous save files.
It is a good idea to begin a new game, but you can use the old save, same appearing as corrupted.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#34 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:06 am

Hey lucasmilu! Welcome at DC-talk and thank you so much for translating Frame Gride! :D

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#35 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:23 am

thanks for the feedback Lucas, though I'm a little unsure what you mean when you try to explain why it happens. What's happening to me is I create a NEW save game from the 100% translated version, I create my squire, name it etc and then win a few matches, I save and turn off. When I come back to it a couple days later it simply says in the load menu that the file is unrecognisable or corrupted. Yet I could if I wanted to load one of my old saves from the Japanese version. Hopefully this is clearer?

lucasmilu
noob

Post#36 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am

DCUltrapro wrote:thanks for the feedback Lucas, though I'm a little unsure what you mean when you try to explain why it happens. What's happening to me is I create a NEW save game from the 100% translated version, I create my squire, name it etc and then win a few matches, I save and turn off. When I come back to it a couple days later it simply says in the load menu that the file is unrecognisable or corrupted. Yet I could if I wanted to load one of my old saves from the Japanese version. Hopefully this is clearer?

I'm trying, but so far no file has been corrupted.
Do you could tell me if it happens after you to get a item?
Try to download the the latest updated version.
someone is having this same problem?

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#37 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm

not sure I simply saved my character before the first battle, while I'm playing the game save is fine and I can keep updating it but when I come back to the game to load the character after having not played for a few days it simply says theres a problem with the save