THANKS FOR MORE THAN 240+ DOWNLOADS!
Hi, I'm Windows9X. I've presented my little tool to Kazade, developer of DreamPi. He has implored that i make a thread about it, on Dreamcast Talk; This is that thread.[SUMMARY]
DreamPi Companion is an alternative GUI for Kazade's DreamPi project for desktops. The companion tool allows you to visually view which players are online, as well as allowing you to view players' game libraries, including your own, their current game and their rank via the Playerdex functionality. You can also 'favorite' players, so that you can track their collection, even if they're offline. DreamPi Companion also reports the current status of YOUR DreamPi over the local network and displays your current log-in status on Dreamcast.Online. Favorited players will generate a visual and audible notification, within the app, when said player goes online/offline. DPC also allows you to black-list certain games![CONCLUSION]
DreamPi Companion is available at Sourceforge. There are Windows, Mac OS X and Linux flavors available; Sourceforge *>should< automatically give you the correct one, for your operating system. Windows is 32/64, Mac is 64 and Linux is 64.The Linux edition was created on Linux Mint 19.1, so it's designed to work on Ubuntu-based Linux distros, however Fedora has been confirmed to work, as well. SEE INFORMATION.TXT FOR DEPENDENCIES, if needed.
release is 2.1.1 HOTFIX (MAR/5/2019)
and you can download it below:https://sourceforge.net/projects/dreampicompanion/[AVAILABLE THEMES]
- Wood Grain[WHAT'S NEW?]
- Updated TITLE ID database (More common games show properly)
- Usernames no longer overflow in length on the 'Player List', 'Favorites List', 'PlayerDex' & 'Welcome Setup' screens
- Search screen text has been rewritten
- Searching has been upgraded; You can now filter my 'contains' and 'begins with'
** Themes from older versions are incompatible with this release due to new resource additions.
- 'Player List' & 'Favorites List' page counters relocated to the middle of the 'page selection' arrows
- 'Player List' & 'Favorites List' page counters only highlights when MORE than 1 page is available
- 'Player List' has been renamed to 'Players'
- Various setup prompts rewritten
- Personal 'Playerdex' can no longer be tricking into view with a spoofed .DPP title (guest mode)[PATCH 2.1]
(2.1.1 HOTFIX AVAILABLE!)
*** Themes from 2.0 and below are incompatible with this release due to resource additions ***
-* Reduced CPU usage when loading a game icon; Loads on every 'change' instead of 'refresh'
-* Database Indexing protocol no longer initiates every 3 hours; Only once on boot
- Usernames no longer overflow on notifications
- UI lag reduced (via fixes marked with '*')
- Re-drew 'search' button icon
- Search terminoligy resets when you enter the screen; (Que fix)
- Added a dedicated settings menu!
- 'Notification Sound' toggle button has been moved to settings.
-* Added avatar cache toggle in settings for player avatars; Saving avatars to disk massively increases performance
-* Even if avatar cache is enabled, PlayerDex avatars will load from Network until 'fully' downloaded.
- PlayerDex will no longer display an invisible icon when offline/disconnected
- Dreamcast.Online statistics renamed from 'Online' & 'Offline' to 'Signed In' & 'Signed Out'
- Added 'Hide IP Address' toggle in settings
- Added 'Hide MAC Addess' toggle in settings
- Added 'Dim Unnamed Players' toggle in setting; Users with an 'Unnamed' ID will appear more transparent to remove NOOBS from view
- Game 'Sonic Adventure' no activates properly in the PlayerDex library menu
-* Rewrote 'assets loader' protocol
- Added a Themes menu in settings; Switch between *officially downloaded* themes on the fly!
- Added setting to enable 'PAL Dreamcast' Color Scheme for themes; *Not every theme is guaranteed to fully take advantage of this*
- A loading icon has been added to certain pages; When it appears, this means information is being updated and that the UI is paused
- Added a toggle for game filtering'
- Added a 'game filter' manager; Allows users to select which games they want to dim (filter) from view
- Updated 'Failsafe' protocol
- Updated Title ID database[CHAT]
Enjoy DreamPi Companion? Join my lonely Discord: https://discord.gg/jQ58KNN
I have a DreamPi Companion section for people with the 'DreamPi' role (be sure to ask for the role!)
, but we also chat about vintage computers n' off topic obscure things as well as play on XLink Kai (XBOX).