Some online help

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jimmys
noob

Some online help

Post#1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:25 am

Hey i wanted to ask if the pal dc have servers only for pal and vice versa.
Or u can enter any server with any version? thx

Neoblast
Developer

Re: Some online help

Post#2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:29 am

Any will do except for pso... with pso you willhave to get the pal one which is multi langueage and multi region so it will boot no matter what dc you have
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Neoblast wrote:Any will do except for pso... with pso you willhave to get the pal one which is multi langueage and multi region so it will boot no matter what dc you have
he would also need a US copy of quake 3. the pal version of the game won't connect online.

Neoblast
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Because it was linked to dreamarena which has been gone for years...
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

voldo83
fire

Post#5 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

I have some questions on how to get online, and yes, I have read the guide several times.

Okey, shoot.

I have this:

*Dreamcasts (Pal and NTSC-J)
*BBA
* PSO PAL_60 SCHTHACK version, PSO-PAL v2, PSO-US v2
*Planet Web Browser 3.0

Do I need Static IP on PC and connect it with a router togheter with the Dreamcast, when I use the SCHTHACK version of PSO?

I have used the Planet Browser to config the BBA, everything stands on zero, but DNS1, that stands on: 67.163.183.83

Is it wrong?

I use,

Username: E4367CA4
Pasword: 5YWXZG3D

because, Username: 1FB659BB Password: NsMToQw2

doesen´t work for me.

Impulse
Admin

Post#6 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 pm

voldo83 wrote:I have some questions on how to get online, and yes, I have read the guide several times.

Okey, shoot.

I have this:

*Dreamcasts (Pal and NTSC-J)
*BBA
* PSO PAL_60 SCHTHACK version, PSO-PAL v2, PSO-US v2
*Planet Web Browser 3.0

Do I need Static IP on PC and connect it with a router togheter with the Dreamcast, when I use the SCHTHACK version of PSO?

It depends on what server you are trying to connect to. Dc-talk or schthack? It also matters what version of pso you use to connect with. What guide did you read?

You configuration seems to be confused. When you use the schthack ver. pso to connect you do not need to connect through a pc using dr.dns or dns serv. It should just auto connect. Put all your dns fields back to default which are probably 0.0.0.0 This will allow you to connect to schthack ships.

For dc-talk server ships: Putting the dns in alone will usually not work when using the official pal ver.2 You would need to connect your dc to a router that is also connected to a pc. Setup that pc to have a static IP. Put that PC local IP(static ip) into your dns 1 field. Then you need to run this program on your PC: http://dreamcast-talk.com/uploads/pso/dr.dns.rar Make sure to allow the program to connect if you are using a firewall. Connecting to the server should now work. But, a much eaier way would be to download and burn this version of pso that auto connects without changing anything or connecting to PC: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3D5ZQ45J

voldo83 wrote:I use,

Username: E4367CA4
Pasword: 5YWXZG3D

because, Username: 1FB659BB Password: NsMToQw2

doesen´t work for me.

You do not need a password to connect to pso server. You only only need a pass if your Broadband ISP. But most don't need a pass to connect.

Also, US.ver2 will not connect to any servers anymore.
-Impulse