Trouble getting some shmups to load after burning

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Trouble getting some shmups to load after burning

Post#1 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:50 pm

Hey guys I’m gonna preface this by saying I plan to buy the games I like, I was trying to burn a copy of ghost blade, sturmwind (if I can find a digital copy Or physical), and satazius next. However these seem to be only titles I cannot seem to get loading. I’ve adjusted my laser which made titles I was struggling with (some emulators and a few other games like RE2) load but these just give me the usual hang at boot then back to Home Screen. Any one have luck burning these? I’ve tried disc juggler and imgburn. I’m not sure if there’s an alternative setting on disc juggler that works better or maybe a file that works better than cdromances. Otherwise I’ll have to bite the bullet and just choose one to get sometime.

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Trouble getting some shmups to load after burning

Post#2 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:42 pm

TheMilkMan93 wrote:Hey guys I’m gonna preface this by saying I plan to buy the games I like, I was trying to burn a copy of ghost blade, sturmwind (if I can find a digital copy Or physical), and satazius next. However these seem to be only titles I cannot seem to get loading. I’ve adjusted my laser which made titles I was struggling with (some emulators and a few other games like RE2) load but these just give me the usual hang at boot then back to Home Screen. Any one have luck burning these? I’ve tried disc juggler and imgburn. I’m not sure if there’s an alternative setting on disc juggler that works better or maybe a file that works better than cdromances. Otherwise I’ll have to bite the bullet and just choose one to get sometime.

Do the CDI's work with demul? Probably not is my guess. There are some images on the net that never worked as a bootable cdr.

Website policy - no links to retail indie titles currently for sale.
Attachments
demul_windows.zip
demul
(9.11 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Post#3 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:34 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:Hey guys I’m gonna preface this by saying I plan to buy the games I like, I was trying to burn a copy of ghost blade, sturmwind (if I can find a digital copy Or physical), and satazius next. However these seem to be only titles I cannot seem to get loading. I’ve adjusted my laser which made titles I was struggling with (some emulators and a few other games like RE2) load but these just give me the usual hang at boot then back to Home Screen. Any one have luck burning these? I’ve tried disc juggler and imgburn. I’m not sure if there’s an alternative setting on disc juggler that works better or maybe a file that works better than cdromances. Otherwise I’ll have to bite the bullet and just choose one to get sometime.

Do the CDI's work with demul? Probably not is my guess. There are some images on the net that never worked as a bootable cdr.

I’ll give it a swing and report back, currently new media I ordered came in and I’m giving that a try as many places I’ve seen claim that better media can help a lot and these new discs seem to be higher quality.

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Post#4 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:50 pm

MoeFoh wrote:

Welp, the new CD-Rs I got that aren't CMC definitely work and the games are functional. I'm starting to understand why everyone moved to GDemu/ODE, I think my next set up with saturn will go that route over discs. :o

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#5 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:05 am

TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Welp, the new CD-Rs I got that aren't CMC definitely work and the games are functional. I'm starting to understand why everyone moved to GDemu/ODE, I think my next set up with saturn will go that route over discs. :o

I was going to ask which brand of cdr you are using - it can make a big difference. Sometimes trial and error is needed to determine what works best with your pc (creator end) and Dreamcast (reader end).

Back in day, Taiyo Yuden from Japan was considered top of line. They are no longer made. "Note to Consumer: Taiyo Yuden stopped manufacturing its high-quality DVDs and CDs on 12/31/15."

Long ago, when I was making burns (on gdemu now), I used Verbatim with their proprietary AZO dye and those worked well.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski