What's the best way to turn the potentiometer screw?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lusimon
shadow

What's the best way to turn the potentiometer screw?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:48 am

Guys, after all the good tips everyone gave me I haven't yet found something that could fix my problem. (I also didnt try every reapair suggested by some of you).

However I need a litle help in something I wanna try, I already tried to do the potentiometer trick 2 times without any luck, to check if the laser is the issue, problem is no matter how small a screwdriver is or even a tweezer is, I never get to turn the damn red screw thingie, plus I swere that it never moved an inch and I think I may have damaged it a little bit while trying but it's not anything special as far as I know, still any suggestion on how to do it better?

I'll also remind that I have a PAL model, so it has diferent components from the north american dreamcasts. Unfotunetly most repair videos out there are from NTSC machines and even on ost websites it is the same thing.

All in all is there a peculiar screwdiver size/model that could help to make the task any easier?

krssn
Metallic

Re: What's the best way to turn the potentiometer screw?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 am

Sometimes that screw is kept in place with a little red glue or something similar.

See if it's been secured in some way...

Turn clockwise in very very small increments.

I use one of those sets with 5 or 6 precision / mini screwdrivers.

Use the smallest or second smallest flat one.

The screw should have a groove that makes turning easier.

PAL or NTSC console doesn't make a difference as far as the lens goes.

lusimon
shadow

Re: What's the best way to turn the potentiometer screw?

Post#3 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Thanks for the help, seems that I'll have to try it again with a new set of screwdrivers.

Return to “Support”