Dreamcast-Xbox

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

diogo_alex
rebel

Dreamcast-Xbox

Post#1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Simply Ridiculous!

Image Image

Image Image
Launched a year before the competition/Launching a year before the competition (likely).

Image Image
Faced a "far superior" next-generation PlayStation console that wowed gamers with fancy tech demos/Facing a "far superior" next-generation PlayStation console that wowed gamers with fancy tech demos.

Image Image
Sleek white console following in footsteps of bulky, black console/Sleek white console following in footsteps of bulky, black console.

Image Image
Made its American debut on MTV/Made its American debut on MTV.

Image Image
Games ran on a Windows-derived OS/Runs on a Windows-derived OS.

Image Image
Dreamcast's marketing mantra/Xbox 360's marketing mantra.

Image Image
"Dreamcast will evolve much more into a network environment rather than a standalone system. It's not about you and the machine any more. It's about you competing against your friends, your enemies"/"Xbox 360 is driven by the passion of a worldwide community. It's a product that will bridge vast distances through shared stories and experiences...It's about the ability to connect with your communities."

Image Image
Big selling point: Online for all with packed-in modem and SegaNet/Big selling point: Online for all with built-in Ethernet port and Xbox Live Silver.

Image Image
Huh!?

Image Image
Unable to play the latest in cutting edge movie media (DVD)/Unable to play the latest in cutting edge movie media (HD-DVD/Blu-Ray).

Image Image
Big selling point: Hi-def monitor output/Big selling point: Hi-def monitor output.

Image Image
Big proponent of customization/Big proponent of customization

Image Image
Peter Moore spearheaded the marketing/Peter Moore spearheading the marketing.

Image Image
Played previous generation games under emulation/Plays previous generation games under emulation.

Image Image
Tetsuya Mizuguchi worked on highly anticipated First Party title (Space Channel 5)/Tetsuya Mizuguchi working on highly anticipated First Party title (Ninety-Nine Nights).

Image Image
Exclusive promotional partner leading up to launch: Pepsi/Exclusive promotional partner leading up to launch: Mountain Dew...which is owned by Pepsi.

Image Image
Highly anticipated First Party racing game from Bizarre Creations (Metropolis Street Racer)/Highly anticipated First Party racing game from Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing 3).

Image Image
Unique selling point: Microphone peripheral/Unique selling point: Microphone peripheral.

Image Image
Software medium (GD-ROM) criticized as having not enough capacity by some developers/Software medium (DVD-9) criticized as having not enough capacity by some developers.

Image Image
Promised to be an evolutionary system - to someday play DVDs/Promises to be an evolutionary system - to someday play HD-DVDs.

Image Image
Crazy rich bald guy spotted at several promotional events leading up to launch/Crazy rich bald guy spotted at several promotional events leading up to launch.

Image Image
Planned to eventually offer larger storage capacity with a Zip drive/Plans to eventually offer larger storage capacity with new Hard Drives.

Image Image
Metal Gear Solid 2 trailer stole much of its next-generation thunder/Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer stole much of its next-generation thunder.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast-Xbox

Post#2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm

HAHA I love it! Great comparassons and even some I had no idea about! Like MSR is PGR for the Dreamcast! I am going to download it tonight haha!

Anyway, I hade a similar comparason between the Dreamcast and the first Xbox and 360 too here lol. I always tell everyone the Dreamcast IS the first Xbox lol.

http://www.dcisozone.com/community/foru ... rself/221/

I know it was not my thread, but I was trying to convince an Xbox fan to get a Dreamcast lol.

MrSega

Post#3 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm

diogo_alex wrote:Image

Simply Ridiculous!

Image Image

Image Image
Launched a year before the competition/Launching a year before the competition (likely).

Image Image
Faced a "far superior" next-generation PlayStation console that wowed gamers with fancy tech demos/Facing a "far superior" next-generation PlayStation console that wowed gamers with fancy tech demos.

Image Image
Sleek white console following in footsteps of bulky, black console/Sleek white console following in footsteps of bulky, black console.

Image Image
Made its American debut on MTV/Made its American debut on MTV.

Image Image
Games ran on a Windows-derived OS/Runs on a Windows-derived OS.

Image Image
Dreamcast's marketing mantra/Xbox 360's marketing mantra.

Image Image
"Dreamcast will evolve much more into a network environment rather than a standalone system. It's not about you and the machine any more. It's about you competing against your friends, your enemies"/"Xbox 360 is driven by the passion of a worldwide community. It's a product that will bridge vast distances through shared stories and experiences...It's about the ability to connect with your communities."

Image Image
Big selling point: Online for all with packed-in modem and SegaNet/Big selling point: Online for all with built-in Ethernet port and Xbox Live Silver.

Image Image
Huh!?

Image Image
Unable to play the latest in cutting edge movie media (DVD)/Unable to play the latest in cutting edge movie media (HD-DVD/Blu-Ray).

Image Image
Big selling point: Hi-def monitor output/Big selling point: Hi-def monitor output.

Image Image
Big proponent of customization/Big proponent of customization

Image Image
Peter Moore spearheaded the marketing/Peter Moore spearheading the marketing.

Image Image
Played previous generation games under emulation/Plays previous generation games under emulation.

Image Image
Tetsuya Mizuguchi worked on highly anticipated First Party title (Space Channel 5)/Tetsuya Mizuguchi working on highly anticipated First Party title (Ninety-Nine Nights).

Image Image
Exclusive promotional partner leading up to launch: Pepsi/Exclusive promotional partner leading up to launch: Mountain Dew...which is owned by Pepsi.

Image Image
Highly anticipated First Party racing game from Bizarre Creations (Metropolis Street Racer)/Highly anticipated First Party racing game from Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing 3).

Image Image
Unique selling point: Microphone peripheral/Unique selling point: Microphone peripheral.

Image Image
Software medium (GD-ROM) criticized as having not enough capacity by some developers/Software medium (DVD-9) criticized as having not enough capacity by some developers.

Image Image
Promised to be an evolutionary system - to someday play DVDs/Promises to be an evolutionary system - to someday play HD-DVDs.

Image Image
Crazy rich bald guy spotted at several promotional events leading up to launch/Crazy rich bald guy spotted at several promotional events leading up to launch.

Image Image
Planned to eventually offer larger storage capacity with a Zip drive/Plans to eventually offer larger storage capacity with new Hard Drives.

Image Image
Metal Gear Solid 2 trailer stole much of its next-generation thunder/Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer stole much of its next-generation thunder.

I can recall 1up.com had an arcticle like this back in 2007.

Siku
dark night

Post#4 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh Wow lol. #9 is crazy... A lot of facts I didn't know about. Obviously, from the look alone you can see Dreamcast made a vidal impact on Xbox 360. No doubt about it.

I agree with #'s 1,3,4,6,8,9. The rest are honestly nitpicking and blown out of proportion lol. Especially the last few. Besides the obvious few at the top of the list, the rest can be easily compared in the same fashion with any of the consoles made in the last decade.
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *