SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

comradesnarky
stalker

Re: SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

Post#211 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm

MrSega wrote:@Comaradesnarky. The DS references are examples. SEGA is using the dual touch screen concept as an example. Also, there isn't a single drawing of the DS in this patent.

As for the 3 buttons, you'll notice I said protoype, not actual design. This shows that they are obviously concepting something. Right now, it appears that the design looks like some sort of laptop.

:o

The DS sort of looks like a laptop too!

It has two screens also!

JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE SEGA DOING??? THEY NEED TO BE ORIGINAL!

MrSega

Post#212 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:08 pm

From studying the design, it looks like some sort of hybrid. The dual screens appear to be wider and more letterbox designed than DS/3DS, there appears to be no rolling pin, so SEGA could be looking at a LCD based touch concept, perhaps a smartphone stratch resistant-like screen.

It looks like it probably may resemble a small laptop,about the width and size of a middle school library glossary book. Also, SEGA handhelds have a history of being weighed down with 2
major flaws: Bulky ugly design and poor battery life. SEGA must correct these two mistakes if they want KIDSPAD to succeed.

KIDSPAD ripping off DS's design?Thats apples and oranges. To me, the design of PSP always copied SEGA Nomad. CAFE's rumored controller is suppossed to be a shameless rip off of Dreamcast's VMU concept, The original first Xbox controller was a blatant knock off of the Dreamcast controller,Sony's ill fated Pocketstation would have ripped off VMU, and as recall N-Gage looked too much like the original GBA.

altecgodofchaos
minority

Post#213 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:24 pm

touch screens have awhile to go before being completly reliable. if you drop them they shatter like shit. almost everyone at my school has or had an ipod touch or phone and they all had some kind of scratchs and or cracks. and dont bullshit me saying not to drop it, that cannot always be prevented
Sega Dreamcast "its thinking"

altecgodofchaos
minority

Post#214 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:25 pm

the way sega is trying to go i think they are gonna fail and go bankrupt, and be forgotten in the sands of time
Sega Dreamcast "its thinking"

MrSega

Post#215 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:49 pm

altecgodofchaos wrote:the way sega is trying to go i think they are gonna fail and go bankrupt, and be forgotten in the sands of time

The budget on the KIDSPAD is said to be only $250-300 million way way way lower than Sony's $2 billion dollar budget on NGP and even far less than Dreamcast's original budget of $500 million. Since it will be likely carefully marketed as a niche game tablet, SEGA won't mass produce it unless it does better than they except it to. The price tag is rumored to be under $200.

Games are said to be downloadable only with prices ranging from $4.99 to $9.99.

It won't bankrupt them at all.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#216 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:34 pm

MrSega wrote:SEGA has issued a new patent for a game tablet that resembles a laptop:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7948449.html

Could this be the KIDSPAD protoype?

How could this be for the KidsPad, it was filed back in 2007. According to the references it is related to something to do with the DS, likely a game.

Another question is why would this SEGA patent have anything to do with the KidsPad in the first place? The KidsPad trademark is owned by Sega Toys not SEGA.

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#217 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:58 pm

MrSega wrote:KIDSPAD ripping off DS's design?Thats apples and oranges. To me, the design of PSP always copied SEGA Nomad. CAFE's rumored controller is suppossed to be a shameless rip off of Dreamcast's VMU concept, The original first Xbox controller was a blatant knock off of the Dreamcast controller,Sony's ill fated Pocketstation would have ripped off VMU, and as recall N-Gage looked too much like the original GBA.

How did the PSP copy the Sega Nomad? By being colored black and held horizontally? The Atari Lynx was black and held horizontally, and it came out long before the Nomad, and shortly before the Game Gear.

Cafe's controller is nowhere near a rip off of the VMU. The VMU was never radically interactive when in the controller. The only games I've ever played that have any interactivity with the screen are NFL Blitz and the Resident Evil ports by displaying the health.

The PocketStation was indubitably a rip off.

As for the N-Gage... I don't see that either. Just because it's horizontal? If that's the only reasoning, then you've gotta take it all the way back to the Lynx again.

Either way, there's not even a KidsPad design here since this is DS related.

MrSega

Post#218 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:04 pm

stu wrote:
MrSega wrote:SEGA has issued a new patent for a game tablet that resembles a laptop:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7948449.html

Could this be the KIDSPAD protoype?

How could this be for the KidsPad, it was filed back in 2007. According to the references it is related to something to do with the DS, likely a game.

Another question is why would this SEGA patent have anything to do with the KidsPad in the first place? The KidsPad trademark is owned by Sega Toys not SEGA.

This goes to show that you don't know what you are talking about. Once again, just because its referancing DS doesn't mean it has anything to do with DS. There isn't a SINGLE drawing of DS in the patent. SEGA is using the dual touch screen techology as a concept,example. SEGA has been concepting plans for a mobile device since 2007, they originally planned to sell a handheld that would competed with the successor to DS codenamed "Project Vision HD" which was designed by SEGA Amusments Europe, but SEGASammy refused funding for it so what was left of that became the non gaming Sega Vision portable.

Of course it would be KIDSPAD related. Haven't you read SEGA TOYS patent? They haven't issued an electronic patent in over 8 years. Just because the trademark is filed under SEGA TOYS, doesn't mean the design for it won't be owned by SEGA Corp.

My advice, stay away from this dicussion, because you have proven that you don't have a clue what this is and your second guessing is really really off.

MrSega

Post#219 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:08 pm

comradesnarky wrote:
MrSega wrote:KIDSPAD ripping off DS's design?Thats apples and oranges. To me, the design of PSP always copied SEGA Nomad. CAFE's rumored controller is suppossed to be a shameless rip off of Dreamcast's VMU concept, The original first Xbox controller was a blatant knock off of the Dreamcast controller,Sony's ill fated Pocketstation would have ripped off VMU, and as recall N-Gage looked too much like the original GBA.

How did the PSP copy the Sega Nomad? By being colored black and held horizontally? The Atari Lynx was black and held horizontally, and it came out long before the Nomad, and shortly before the Game Gear.

Cafe's controller is nowhere near a rip off of the VMU. The VMU was never radically interactive when in the controller. The only games I've ever played that have any interactivity with the screen are NFL Blitz and the Resident Evil ports by displaying the health.

The PocketStation was indubitably a rip off.

As for the N-Gage... I don't see that either. Just because it's horizontal? If that's the only reasoning, then you've gotta take it all the way back to the Lynx again.

Either way, there's not even a KidsPad design here since this is DS related.

Post one drawing in the patent that has a DS. There isn't one, because it doesn't have a damn thing to do with DS. Since when does DS have 3 buttons instead of 4 and looks like a laptop?

But you and stu are way in over your heads here, your both incorrect. You want it to be about DS, but it clearly isn't.

MrSega

Post#220 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:11 pm

RiilihShimo wrote:
MrSega wrote:http://www.freepatentsonline.com/pdf/documents/uspt/7948/US7948449/US7948449B2.pdf

That reminds me of Gameboy Advance SP

Unfortunely its not the GBA SP. By the time the patent was filed, SP was already discontinued and Nintendo no longer sold the SP, also had 2 buttons not 3.