Walmart ad discussion

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

stu
Feet of Fury

Re: Walmart ad discussion

Post#81 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 am

MrSega wrote:Jenkins, KIDS PAD is an actual game tablet that will be passed off as a kid friendly iPad the reason why its filed under SEGA TOYS is to both pass it off as a consumer product for children and families and avoid detection from Sony and Nintendo.

It is not a educational game device as there is no such description in the mark.

Apple Computer has also given SEGA the rights and the patent design to make the product.

The KIDS PAD is a totally different endeavor than most of SEGA TOYS common products.(In the 2000s, SEGA TOYS actually had a deal with LeapFrog to sell thier products in Japan.)

:?

Seeing how Apple is suing the heck out of HTC and Samsung for allegedly infringing upon their iPhone and iPad patents I find that highly doubtful.

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#82 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:34 am

But they call it "KIDSpad". SEGA Toys released a lot of education things in the past. The font of the logo looks not very serious to me too. Very bold and round font. The inverted "D" looks like a "alright"/"OK" gesture (at least in Germany):

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#83 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 am

Jenkins wrote:But they call it "KIDSpad". SEGA Toys released a lot of education things in the past. The font of the logo looks not very serious to me too. Very bold and round font. The inverted "D" looks like a "alright"/"OK" gesture (at least in Germany):

hay mr sega i just took notist of something on the kidspad trademark
it youse to say that the other contunys cud sine up for the kidspad by next month its not there any more http://www.trademarkia.com/kidspad-85249514.html weird

MrSega

Post#84 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Jenkins, considering that SEGA has been out of the handheld business fo over 13 years and hasn't released any hardware in 10, it would make sense for SEGA TOYS to use the brand name especially since SEGA has already signed on as a publisher for 3DS and PS Vita.

KIDS PAD is not a toy, SEGA has no plans to market it as a children's product as you will soon see. SEGA will pass if off as a iPad for causal gamers and children, it is a mobile game tablet not an educational toy.

I suggest you read and study the trademark. And compare it to other products under the SEGA TOYS brand. It has no description for educational software.

Oh, and from now on it is to be referred to as KIDS PAD. The words are seperated.
Last edited by MrSega on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#85 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 pm

MrSega wrote:Jenkins, considering that SEGA has been out of the handheld business fo over 13 years and has released any hardware in 10, it would make sense for SEGA TOYS to use the brand name especially since SEGA has already signed on as a publisher for 3DS and PS Vita.

KIDS PAD is not a toy, SEGA has no plans to market it as a children's product as you will soon see. SEGA will pass if off as a iPad for causal gamers and children, it is a mobile game tablet not an educational toy.

I suggest you read and study the trademark. And compare it to other products under the SEGA TOYS brand. It has no description for educational software.

Oh, and from now on it is to be referred to as KIDS PAD. The words are seperated.

what do u think that meens a bout what i posted a bout the kids pad mr sega

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#86 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:02 pm

In order to learn more about the terminology used by the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) I went ahead and googled some of the terms used. One term used raised some interesting information on the status of this Kids Pad trademark.

When I googled the term "Non-Final Action - Mailed" I found the following explanation:

Quote: "What does "Non-Final Action - Mailed" mean?
A Non-Final Office Action is a Letter prepared by an Examining Attorney of the United States Trademark Office after reviewing the application for the first time. A time limit to respond to the Office Action is usually within 6 months from the mailing date noted on the Office Action unless otherwise mentioned.
In other words, The United States Patent and Trademark Office cannot at this time register the trademark application. [Please note, this is not an outright rejection] They are requesting further information, evidence and/or proof in order to move forward with the trademark registration process."

Source: http://mariaorlovatm.blogspot.com/2010/ ... final.html

It seems to me that, given the above information, that SegaToys is experiencing a lot of difficulties in getting the USPTO to issue them this trademark and that if they do not respond to the USPTO's attorney letter by 11/12/2011 that the trademark application will be marked "Abandoned" by the USPTO.
Upon further reading of this website it seems that this status is quite serious and SegaToys will need to respond soon or else they will lose the trademark.

BTW I know this information is coming from a BlogSpot website, but the author actually works for Trademarkia and therefore knows what she is talking about.

MrSega

Post#87 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 pm

stu, that doesn't really make any difference, because regaurdless if they are going to use the mark or not. SEGA will still meet the deadline. They do that with all thier marks prototype or not. If your suggesting that they will somehow not meet thier 6 month deadline, you are sadly mistaken. Even the SEGAJUPITER,SEGANEPTUNE and cartridge SEGASATURN marks weren't officially cancelled until 1997, three years after being filed. Henceforth, KIDSPAD will not be cancelled period. Especially since they have made a tweak to the logo design with the words "KIDS" and "PAD" being seperated. Because of the March 11 Tsunami, Toyko's entire Trademarking office has suffered several month delays. This explains why Sonic Generations didn't show up as a record until July.

@Crazietrufis that's because your looking at the beta version of the KIDSPAD, try typing in "KIDS PAD" with the space seperating the words and you'll get a different result.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#88 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:20 am

So MrSega do you expect the Kidspad to be unveiled at Tokyo game show? (TGS)

I have a feeling Sega Isn't going to cancel the actual kidspad. But what they'll do with it is doubtful. To be honest I expect it to be more of a Leap frog competitor more then a Portable game system to compete against the 3DS and Vita.

MrSega

Post#89 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:So MrSega do you expect the Kidspad to be unveiled at Tokyo game show? (TGS)

I have a feeling Sega Isn't going to cancel the actual kidspad. But what they'll do with it is doubtful. To be honest I expect it to be more of a Leap frog competitor more then a Portable game system to compete against the 3DS and Vita.

I suspect SEGA not only will have details on KIDS PAD at TGS, but I also suspect that the device will likely be unveiled at JAMMA in 2 weeks.

I agree. SEGA certainly isn't going to cancel KIDS PAD's trademark at all. Nothing indicates that. In fact, its time to check SEGA's trademarking department.

As for what will it be marketed as?All my sources say it will be passed off as an iPad gaming tablet for kids and casual gamers. It won't be sold as a mainstream handheld against 3DS and Vita, instead it will be marketed and passed off as a niche game tablet to the Wii crowd. Don't let the name fool you, KIDS PAD is quite powerful and even contains the same GPU as PS Vita, except KIDS PAD has better processing preforming.

If KIDS PAD were to have LeapFrog like Apps, I suspect it would be nothing more than a trojan horse, to get parents to buy it without realizing its an actual gaming device.

ProClerk
shadow

Post#90 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Yeah it really sounds cool, thanks for the share! Highly appreciated!