Sega posts strange image on their facebook wall

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: Sega posts strange image on their facebook wall

Post#31 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:40 pm

RiilihShimo wrote:If it was translated text, I could read it. Lol.

Maybe a game, or RINGWAVE.

But, see, this is where it gets interesting.
"The existence that should have been once perfect that was already destroyed now exhaustively."

Its a hidden message. Look up what "exhaustively" means.

To me its saying that what once failed (dreamcast) has now been thoroughly studied and examined.

"the end of the story is just a opening of a new story"
Another hidden message. This means that the end of the chapter is over and a new one has opened.

RINGWAVE!

I agree. I could be referring to RINGWAVE/FUTURA.

MrSega

Post#32 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Update: The original text has been tweaked by SEGA, there are now Japanese Hiragana characters in WHITE instead of red.

What could that mean?

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#33 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:56 pm

MrSega wrote:I agree. I could be referring to RINGWAVE/FUTURA.

If you go to the Blogs section of the Sega.com website you'll see an entry regarding these images, simply put it was a word puzzle promoting the US release of Yakuza : DeadSouls on the PS3 in March 2012. It also gives the correct translation of what the images mean.

Check it out:

http://blogs.sega.com/2011/10/05/what-w ... ead-souls/

Quote:
If you follow our Twitter, Facebook, and/or IGN, you may have seen some mysterious images show up last week. Some of you figured out the clues… but in case you didn’t, here’s the deal.

Last Thursday, 3 different images appeared online. This one was on our Twitter:

Translation: We see them: the souls of the dead

And this one on our Facebook:

Translation: The end of one chapter marks the beginning of another

And this one on IGN:

Translation: What was once whole is now destroyed

For the next few days, the same images appeared in the same places, but with some parts in white.

Highlighted: “dead souls”

Highlighted: “the end of”

Highlighted: “What was once” and “is now”

When rearranged, these highlighted words read “What was once of the end is now dead souls”.

Voila! Hope you enjoyed figuring out our puzzle, and are excited for Yakuza: Dead Souls in March 2012 for PS3.

I think that clears up any confusion. :D

MrSega

Post#34 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:33 pm

stu wrote:
MrSega wrote:I agree. I could be referring to RINGWAVE/FUTURA.

If you go to the Blogs section of the Sega.com website you'll see an entry regarding these images, simply put it was a word puzzle promoting the US release of Yakuza : DeadSouls on the PS3 in March 2012. It also gives the correct translation of what the images mean.

Check it out:

http://blogs.sega.com/2011/10/05/what-w ... ead-souls/

Quote:
If you follow our Twitter, Facebook, and/or IGN, you may have seen some mysterious images show up last week. Some of you figured out the clues… but in case you didn’t, here’s the deal.

Last Thursday, 3 different images appeared online. This one was on our Twitter:

Translation: We see them: the souls of the dead

And this one on our Facebook:

Translation: The end of one chapter marks the beginning of another

And this one on IGN:

Translation: What was once whole is now destroyed

For the next few days, the same images appeared in the same places, but with some parts in white.

Highlighted: “dead souls”

Highlighted: “the end of”

Highlighted: “What was once” and “is now”

When rearranged, these highlighted words read “What was once of the end is now dead souls”.

Voila! Hope you enjoyed figuring out our puzzle, and are excited for Yakuza: Dead Souls in March 2012 for PS3.

I think that clears up any confusion. :D
There still hasn't been a public confirmation by Sega yet. But it was obvious it pretained to Yakuza or House of the Dead.

HowlingFear
fire

Post#35 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Somehow I was right when I mentioned Yakuza game. I wish it was Bayonetta 2, so I'm sort of disappointed.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#36 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00 pm

MrSega wrote:[ There still hasn't been a public confirmation by Sega yet. But it was obvious it pretained to Yakuza or House of the Dead.

:roll:
In my opinion, I think that by announcing on Sega's Official Blog that the images referred to the US launch of Yakuza: Dead Souls for the PS3 in March 2012, that is all the "public confirmation by Sega" you are likely to get.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#37 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:14 pm

stu wrote:
MrSega wrote:[ There still hasn't been a public confirmation by Sega yet. But it was obvious it pretained to Yakuza or House of the Dead.

:roll:
In my opinion, I think that by announcing on Sega's Official Blog that the images referred to the US launch of Yakuza: Dead Souls for the PS3 in March 2012, that is all the "public confirmation by Sega" you are likely to get.

Ya. :)

Either that or wait until you see the game on the store shelf. :lol:
Sega also confirmed it on their official forum.
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?3 ... ost6844615