Metal Slug NGCD SDL 1.2

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Metal Slug NGCD SDL 1.2

Post#1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Game with CDDA, 0GDTEX.PVR and correct name "Metal Slug NGCD SDL 1.2"

Download https://yadi.sk/d/AECY39EgNq_htQ

Thanks Ian Micheal for this emulator. :)
Last edited by Ivan Guber on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Metal Slug NGCD SDL 1.2

Post#2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Thank you Ivan GR only thing is I have a build that is just for this game I followed what there doing in the turbo patch for metal slug 2 and apply that not to the iso but the emulator

Here is the bin for every one just replace old v1.bin with this when making this game and metal slug 1 and 2 not good for other games.

Less slow down faster speed
v1.7z
(251.69 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Post#3 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:53 pm

Thanks Ian. I added cdi with new v1.bin in first post.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Ivan GR wrote:Thanks Ian. I added cdi with new v1.bin in first post.
Oh cool nice thank you..

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#5 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:13 am

Hey guys im having trouble

First burn at 4x was insanely slow, neo cd logo was really slow
Second burn was for samurai shodown at 24x and the neo cd logo was faster but samurai showdown had slowdown

Third burn was metal slug again at 40x the neo cd intro played perfect and metal slug started off to a good start but then a massive amount of slowdown started happening further into the first level making the game basically unplayable

Is there any recommended burn settings i should have?

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#6 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:47 am

Great customization job @Ivan GR, my OCD is really satisfied with this one. And of course big ups for Ian Micheal also :)

I remember reading some years ago that using the SD-adapter alongside an optimized emulator could result in better performance, does this build / NGCD in general also support this method?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 am

Wombat wrote:Great customization job @Ivan GR, my OCD is really satisfied with this one. And of course big ups for Ian Micheal also :)

I remember reading some years ago that using the SD-adapter alongside an optimized emulator could result in better performance, does this build / NGCD in general also support this method?

This has nothing to do with Neo4all so no sd addapter

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:09 am

bjankins1 wrote:Hey guys im having trouble

First burn at 4x was insanely slow, neo cd logo was really slow
Second burn was for samurai shodown at 24x and the neo cd logo was faster but samurai showdown had slowdown

Third burn was metal slug again at 40x the neo cd intro played perfect and metal slug started off to a good start but then a massive amount of slowdown started happening further into the first level making the game basically unplayable

Is there any recommended burn settings i should have?

Burn speed is not going to change the emulation speed Game has massive slow down on real neogeo cd.. I posted videos on my youtube channel of how it plays so if it's not like that then there's something wrong

Dreamneo is now faster thanks for testing this is wip emulator Not all games work at fullspeed Just check my youtube channel all are running on real hardware from a cdr

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRAVBpUgo5whHyKp6OsA/videos? check videos of emulator running there capture is only 30fps emulator should not drop below 55fps slow down is normal for metal slug

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#9 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Thanks for the reply

It slows down exactly where it slows down in your videos so its just the emulation, luckily im still on GD-rom if anybody out there needs testing as i know a lot of folks all around the dreamcast community switched to GDEMU

Is there a way to optimize metal slug to play faster during parts with slowdown?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:52 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Thanks for the reply

It slows down exactly where it slows down in your videos so its just the emulation, luckily im still on GD-rom if anybody out there needs testing as i know a lot of folks all around the dreamcast community switched to GDEMU

Is there a way to optimize metal slug to play faster during parts with slowdown?

Only way is hold left trigger that turns the sfx off it will speed up music plays after pull left trigger again.. It slows down in the same place on the real neogeo cd console.. it's not just emulation speed. It was always bad.. metal slug 2 on neogeo cd console is almost unplayable due to slow down..

I can try in the future to hack it just for that game the way they made the game it's a problem..