Battle Chess 1988

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Battle Chess 1988

Post#21 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 am

Full pdf manual converted to hq jpg
amiga battle chess manual full zoom in out etc very clear to read whole thing

Be doing it for all version that work
man1a.png

man.png

man2.png

Example of zoom can zoom in out left right ect
manzoon.png

manzoon2.png

Which shows you how much you could do with convert every dreamcast mag ebooks etc etc

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#22 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 pm

Ian, i have tried your uae4all mod
the main screen and all the part that involved folder changing/displaying files works flawless :)

have you noticed that apart the disks seems that also the kickstart image doesn't shows up, i mean without choose any disk ?
i have taken a screenshot using the NullDC1.0.3 debug, because imo it's little better in showing the errors
when i try to load an adf it displays '8 bit vram writes are not possible'
it can be useful ?

rc3.PNG
rc3_b.PNG

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:27 am

It does give me idea i have had that problems before.. just got remember how i fixed it lol.. thing is it works on demul the way it is.. loading games etc still messed controls.. Not the same version of SDL chui used on this.. pretty much way the controls are all messed.. I have to pretty much port the control system rewrite that not to use dc_maple keys or something that is in his version of sdl.. pity really only a define to make the video work on nulldc.. If i had the right version he used could be fixed right now.. Was a task geting it to compile not having the right versions of lost customized libs

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#24 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 am

Ian Micheal wrote:.. Not the same version of SDL chui used on this..

I remember when i was searching for his old releases of uae4all using waybackmachine,
going back in time on his site there was also A LOT of differents sdl builds and/or fixes, PITA lol

i was wondering if perhaps this mod would make run a previous release (rc1/beta2/beta1) ?

about Demul, and that is ALSO due my crappy laptop, i have a DirectX 10 video card, so i can't run on it
any release beyond 0.5.7, that does not displays correctly uae4all the same
(but in different way, the image is streched and truncated out of the screen)

uae_Demul.PNG
uae_Demul2.PNG

but apart this, seems work here, so could be useful to test something

--- EDIT --- darn nope, also this version hangs on a black screen loading any file lol
Last edited by kremiso on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:24 am

prolly get the games to load on it but controls are borked

I do now have the controls fixed some updates plays battle chess perfect :) seems file access on nulldc just dont work correct with this code .. works on all the other emulators very strange.. fixed the 8bit vram writes etc

Now working on custom version that can load back and forth from dcmc with out Any reboot

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#26 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:19 am

gasp, seems tough also this one, surely chui has peppered the code with a lot of 'tricks' at the time lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 am

Here is 15fps video showing new build of amiga emulator returning to dcmc :) so circle can load it then return :) kinda my thing to do this stuff lol

custom build of uae4all amiga emulator that returns instant to dcmc like a plugin no reboot :slight_smile:

custom builds of homebrew apps that return to the media center i will be building to add to the collection means seamless integration into DCMC

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:30 am

Nes battle chess
Untitled.png

Amiga battle chess
customamiga.png

customamiga2.png

Both of these are complete

Now only custom built version of emulators can return to dcmc I will have to in time build every one that people want to use ..

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#29 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:46 am

Very interesting yeah the NES Version does look very lame compared to the WINDOWS DOS Version that I had back in the day.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#30 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:41 am

As of now you have a working Nes emulator i suppose (nester?) And the uae amiga. Thats a really good start :D there are a bunch of really good games to both of them.