Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Battletoads Beats of Rage download link and review

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

gamesreup
killer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Battletoads Beats of Rage download link and review

Post#1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:18 am

Hi All,

A pretty decent BOR for the DC! If you like both franchises, then I think you'll love this!

DOWNLOAD

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Battletoads Beats of Rage download link and review

Post#2 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:08 am

DreamBOR wrote:ESPAÑOL:

Creí por un momento que era la version de R4MB0, pero no, es la version oficial. Tuve que esperar casi 5 minutos en la primera carga de datos para poder jugar. Voy a ser sincero contigo, esta version del juego no lo recomiendo a nadie. saludos

ENGLISH:

I thought for a moment that it was the R4MB0 version, but no, it is the official version. I had to wait almost 5 minutes in the first loading of data to play. I will be honest with you, this version of the game I do not recommend to anyone. regards

Must unpack use dreambor6.8 it takes 35sec to load I never use these old released they will kill your gdrom

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Battletoads Beats of Rage download link and review

Post#3 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:33 am

This above uses old version of dreambor and the pack file 151mb is loaded bit by bit into system memory then loaded as a pak it has to be all loaded then turned into a table and linked back to the cdr this why it's so slow

unpak the pak into data folder you cut out the stage of having to load 151mb pak file thne read all the files convert it into a table then hold that in memory then load each file 8 at time.. etc = 5 mins up to 10 mins

Prolly friday but these old cdi's have pak files i dont use them any more the file loading sh4 asm load and copy read from the data folder .. it will still load a pak file but at the above 5mins

Src be out the whole thing uses dreamhal sh4 memory replacements every memset memcpy has been replaced with a sh4 asm version from dreamhal..

Course it's under 10 sec on sd card reader serial port.. I have shown this on a few videos

No point unpacking a bor.pak in memory then reading it again a memory copy then linking a point to a file on the cd this super slow and why you get 5 mins loading times..

All files unpacked to the data folder no more pak file uses less ram no unpack buffer to hold files no use in doing this on a cdrom based console.
Gdrom cdr can only read ahead 8 files course you cant even free any files when there held in the memory buffer as it's linked pointer to zip file

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:25 am

no way with out converting all the char's background to 8 bit pal this you could ever complete on dreambor it crashes on level 2

This uses 12mb of ram on start up and goes up from there on level 1 you only have 1.5mb after that each level after stage uses more ram then you have..

If you try any of these you must play to the end of the game not your fault al good review this could be a good game it has nice features..

It uses a 16 bit pal and way to much memory and runs at 10fps..

I only release games you can play from start to end . Dreambor up there said there is way to apply the custom pal saving months of work.. I never have done that.. when i tried many sprites ended up the wrong colours in game ..

SO each to his own.. but please any one doing these playtest it from start to end or your going to frustrate and lower the base of this project.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:no way with out converting all the char's background to 8 bit pal this you could ever complete on dreambor it crashes on level 2

This uses 12mb of ram on start up and goes up from there on level 1 you only have 1.5mb after that each level after stage uses more ram then you have..

If you try any of these you must play to the end of the game not your fault al good review this could be a good game it has nice features..

It uses a 16 bit pal and way to much memory and runs at 10fps..

I only release games you can play from start to end . Dreambor up there said there is way to apply the custom pal saving months of work.. I never have done that.. when i tried many sprites ended up the wrong colours in game ..

SO each to his own.. but please any one doing these playtest it from start to end or your going to frustrate and lower the base of this project.

Ian your voice is in my head screaming at me in red lettering every time I put one of these together lmao

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#7 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:28 am

Ian could you please send me the updated version of this game as well? this game definitely needed to be optomized with its load times and ram issues.

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”