DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

runkthepunk
Doom

Re: DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Post#21 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Smashing work!
Got to dig some of my discs out for this.

Looking forward to some windjammers!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:46 am

Progress I now have almost all games working again with the new faster code..

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#23 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:29 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Progress I now have almost all games working again with the new faster code..

Hey whats new I've been busy with life lately but always down to test anything new you got going on

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:01 am

bjankins1 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Progress I now have almost all games working again with the new faster code..

Hey whats new I've been busy with life lately but always down to test anything new you got going on

Thanks Yeah made a lot of progress past this version be ready for a public rc1 very soon

New sound effects are working brand new timer for all sfx no lag all for loops optimized c68k now compiling with more then just -0s Long list of code fixes to lots of it that is taking me a lot of time to write out and get ready along with uploading all the src code and commenting it..

Be the first proper release of this that's not a beta..

aldair
Metallic

Post#25 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:32 am

Ian Micheal wrote:This version of Dreamneo cd is using 32bit aligned code and sound buffers along with new memory functions made by moop .. Memset_32bit and memcpy_32bit Render fixes and sh4 math Optimizing screen clearing is done by store ques 32bit aligned Pvr dma handles all textures being rendered to the screen.. This is still using a c core for sound and the main cpu and is faster right now then neo4all beta 1,2,3 before rc1 that then used fame sh4 asm core .. I will have to move to this to get games like kof 94,95,96,97,98,99 fullspeed..

Thanks to all the beta testers still work to be done 8 games run 100% or over 100% speed with correct sfx and cdda audio now . This build has bios upload read on so it does not work a lot of games only the one's i listed below have i tested and compared running both neo4all rc4 and dream neo v3 Behind the scenes i have gone thru 30 beta builds to get to v3..

Selfboot download cdi working for gdemu and cdr..
http://www.mediafire.com/file/14do5kciq ... D.cdi/file

Code has been cleaned up all debug is turned off correct sound pitch for the first time on many games.. This is a new build as of today and works very well better then the video i showed on my youtube channel.. It will slow down and speed up it has autoframeskip throttle now If it hits 60fps it turns frameskip off or on if it drops frames..
bios.png
main.png

DREAM NEO CD [PVRDMA][SQ][32MEM] with Bios uploading for the first time on any neogeo cd emulator for dreamcast bios upload read is disabled on neo4all and all my other releases it does make a whole bunch of games not work at all.. But the games it does work perfect now have all sound effects correct timing
Working games tested on real dreamcast
-----------------------------------
PERFECT 100% SPEED 60FPS GAMES
SUPER SIDE KICKS 1 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal
GHOST PILOTS 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal almost no slowdown
VIEWPOINT 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal with no slowdown
SUPER SPY 100% PERFECT/no errors
AEROFIGHTERS 2 100% PERFECT /All grafix fixed sounds and cdda
NINJA MASTERS 100% / black grafix on ninjamasters logo on intro not menu
Sengoku 2 100% perfect /no errors
KK far east eden BP 100%/110%

------------------------------------
GAMES THAT ARE FULLSPEED AT TIMES
ART OF FIGHTING 2 BP 90%/100%
World Heros Perfect BP 90%/100%
Samurai Shodown 1 BP 85%/100% all sfx now fixed
KK far east eden BP
BREAKERS BP
Metal Slug 1 85%/110% /sound lag fixed correct sounds
2020 super baseball 90%/100 / proper pitch sounds
Savage Reign
Samurai Shodown RPG Trans English

None working games with Dreamneo
BIOS UPLOAD READ NOT WORKING
REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2
LAST BLADE 2
Neo Turf masters
Samurai Shodown 2

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Samurai Shodown RPG Trans English?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#26 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 am

aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:This version of Dreamneo cd is using 32bit aligned code and sound buffers along with new memory functions made by moop .. Memset_32bit and memcpy_32bit Render fixes and sh4 math Optimizing screen clearing is done by store ques 32bit aligned Pvr dma handles all textures being rendered to the screen.. This is still using a c core for sound and the main cpu and is faster right now then neo4all beta 1,2,3 before rc1 that then used fame sh4 asm core .. I will have to move to this to get games like kof 94,95,96,97,98,99 fullspeed..

Thanks to all the beta testers still work to be done 8 games run 100% or over 100% speed with correct sfx and cdda audio now . This build has bios upload read on so it does not work a lot of games only the one's i listed below have i tested and compared running both neo4all rc4 and dream neo v3 Behind the scenes i have gone thru 30 beta builds to get to v3..

Selfboot download cdi working for gdemu and cdr..
http://www.mediafire.com/file/14do5kciq ... D.cdi/file

Code has been cleaned up all debug is turned off correct sound pitch for the first time on many games.. This is a new build as of today and works very well better then the video i showed on my youtube channel.. It will slow down and speed up it has autoframeskip throttle now If it hits 60fps it turns frameskip off or on if it drops frames..
bios.png
main.png

DREAM NEO CD [PVRDMA][SQ][32MEM] with Bios uploading for the first time on any neogeo cd emulator for dreamcast bios upload read is disabled on neo4all and all my other releases it does make a whole bunch of games not work at all.. But the games it does work perfect now have all sound effects correct timing
Working games tested on real dreamcast
PERFECT 100% SPEED 60FPS GAMES
SUPER SIDE KICKS 1 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal
GHOST PILOTS 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal almost no slowdown
VIEWPOINT 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal with no slowdown
SUPER SPY 100% PERFECT/no errors
AEROFIGHTERS 2 100% PERFECT /All grafix fixed sounds and cdda
NINJA MASTERS 100% / black grafix on ninjamasters logo on intro not menu
Sengoku 2 100% perfect /no errors
KK far east eden BP 100%/110%

GAMES THAT ARE FULLSPEED AT TIMES
ART OF FIGHTING 2 BP 90%/100%
World Heros Perfect BP 90%/100%
Samurai Shodown 1 BP 85%/100% all sfx now fixed
KK far east eden BP
BREAKERS BP
Metal Slug 1 85%/110% /sound lag fixed correct sounds
2020 super baseball 90%/100 / proper pitch sounds
Savage Reign
Samurai Shodown RPG Trans English

None working games with Dreamneo
BIOS UPLOAD READ NOT WORKING
REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2
LAST BLADE 2
Neo Turf masters
Samurai Shodown 2

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Samurai Shodown RPG Trans English?

Yes Samurai shodown rpg tras english works also SD dreamshell working version no cdda but working all games that work.. will be released when i do dream neo cd [v1.0]rc1 which will be the first non beta version..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:48 am

Want to see all the version i have been testing and then moving on here is a screen shot of time date and such..

dreamneo dev backup.png

Check the dates I have been working this pretty much non stop every day for months some times 8 hours a day

aldair
Metallic

Post#28 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:20 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Want to see all the version i have been testing and then moving on here is a screen shot of time date and such..

dreamneo dev backup.png

Check the dates I have been working this pretty much non stop every day for months some times 8 hours a day

Has samurai RPG translated into English?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#29 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 am

aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Want to see all the version i have been testing and then moving on here is a screen shot of time date and such..

dreamneo dev backup.png

Has samurai RPG translated into English?

there is leaked version that was not fully translated but first 3 char's have been i have this version.. it's pretty much play-able in english.. also a fully translated french version as well

Ripfire
stalker

Post#30 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.