Gold Lion

Re: RADquake 5.0R FINAL capped and uncappped framerate all downloads

Post#11 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Oh please a dreamshell version :-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:22 am

fafadou wrote:Oh please a dreamshell version :-)

Dreamshell cant have cdda if i use wav or mp3 framerate would be half because you be software mixing at the same time sending that to the sh4 while it's doing the video software..

but it have the direct sound the same just no cdda see if i can knock it out today.. other limits cant have the quick mod change it still work but you have to reboot like any other port from dreamshell..

every other way it be the same no cdda no quick change mods = dreamshell

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 pm

There is file you have to add to uncapped or capped when you use it with out cdda

autoexec.rar
(163 Bytes) Downloaded 369 times

Unpak this put it in your ID directory this will disable CDDA on non cdda mod cd's and also stop the screeching if you dont add 10 cdda tracks..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Here is the uncapped version ready for mods just add a mod in a folder in the quake directory
files included every thing you need to make mod cd no mods included i will do a mod cd with my fav mods soon

also has saturn quake music for the menu :) non cdda
link to the plain files with quake 1
https://mega.nz/file/7kUykIjR#3P5A6GeqT ... 9YIxfv__dc

also has sound folder in the id folder

sound/soundtrack this is were the saturn music is for the menu can change that by using the quake.rc

caruse
lithium

Post#16 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:15 am

Hello!

Does anyone coud managed to play it with keybord and mouse on a Dreamcast? I can configurate the keyboard but the mouse sensibilty dosen't work properly... the turning range does not cover enough, I put all the speedss to the max in te mouse configurtions opions, but i does not turn the ful range unlike Quake III Arena. I don't know if I explained myself..

Are you able to play correctly with a controller, don't you get dizzy with the analog stick? :lol:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:47 am

Really can and make it slow anything full config-able the option menus give a base the console gives full control
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:36 pm

caruse wrote:Hello!

Does anyone coud managed to play it with keybord and mouse on a Dreamcast? I can configurate the keyboard but the mouse sensibilty dosen't work properly... the turning range does not cover enough, I put all the speedss to the max in te mouse configurtions opions, but i does not turn the ful range unlike Quake III Arena. I don't know if I explained myself..

Yes i can play it correct and adjust it want another video how that's no worries push mouse in direction pick up mouse then replace you get full movement it was like that on dos get fullrange by enter console commands below to your liking then go to vmu menu and save i cant have a setting ever one likes

Are you able to play correctly with a controller, don't you get dizzy with the analog stick? :lol:

Also this can be changed just go to gameplay turn always run off if your want turn all sensitive to zero can make the stick as slow as you want save to vmu done

drop to console type this for mouse gives what you want
sensitivity 30
M_side 0.040
----------------------------
Mouse Commands:
lookspring # - setting this to 0 turns lookspring off. Lookspring causes the player to move forward or backwards with the mouse.
lookstrafe # - setting this to 0 turns lookstrafe off. Lookstrafe causes the player to move side to side with the mouse.
m_filter - default is 0, setting this to 1 activates mouse smoothing.
m_forward - default is 1, lowering this makes the player move slower when moving forwards and backwards with the mouse (Lookspring).
m_pitch - default is 0.022. Raising this value makes the player look up and down faster, while lowering this value makes the player look up and down slower (Mouselook). A negative value is used to invert mouselook.
m_side - default is 0.8, lowering this makes the player move slower when strafing with the mouse (Lookstrafe).
m_yaw - default is 0.022. Lowering this value makes the mouse slower when turning from side to side, while raising this value makes mouse turning from side to side faster.
sensitivity - having a default value of 11, setting this to a lower number results in a slower turning speed of the mouse. Setting this to a higher number allows for faster turning speeds, but setting it too high can cause the player to lose their bearings. This speeds up or slows both the m_pitch and m_yaw instead of being an individual command.

Once done go to vmu save the config never have to do it again

Same with stick
sv_maxspeed - having a default value of 320, lowering this value causes the player to have a slower movement speed. Increasing this value causes the player to move at a faster rate.
sv_maxvelocity - having a default value of 2000, lowering this value causes the player to have a slower movement speed like sv_maxspeed. Unlike the aforementioned command, lowering this value will also decrease the speed of all projectiles.
sv_nostep - setting this to 1 causes the player to not be able to climb stairs
sv_stopspeed - default is 100, lowering causes the player to slide more whilst increasing allows the player to stop moving
Enter do it like you want so yes you can play it .

It's set for the normal user default want to change it you can