I need help- Dreamcast Now

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Deydey920
shadow
Posts: 7

I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:13 pm

I'm trying to create my account on Dreamcast Now. I entered my IP address exactly how it appears and it can't detect my dreampi. Is it because my IP address is a 128-bit 32 character IP address with colons instead of periods?

User avatar
ReaderRagfish
dirty sailor
Posts: 176

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Are you sure you're typing in the IP of the Dreampi and not the Dreamcast? That's the problem I had.

Spleet
noob
Posts: 3

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm

My money is on the fact that you're using ipv6. You're probably correct in your assumption.

Deydey920
shadow
Posts: 7

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#4 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:59 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:Are you sure you're typing in the IP of the Dreampi and not the Dreamcast? That's the problem I had.

I did. I typed how it appeared after "My IP address is".

Deydey920
shadow
Posts: 7

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#5 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Spleet wrote:My money is on the fact that you're using ipv6. You're probably correct in your assumption.

Is there another way to get Dreamcast Now to detect my dreampi?

Spleet
noob
Posts: 3

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#6 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:58 am

Deydey920 wrote:
Spleet wrote:My money is on the fact that you're using ipv6. You're probably correct in your assumption.

Is there another way to get Dreamcast Now to detect my dreampi?


It'd be in your router settings, I would think. Whether ipv6 assignment is enabled should be available there. Possibly your modem, if it's not just a passthrough.

If your asking whether the Now service is capable of detecting your IP, in ipv6 form that's a job for the folks that run the service.

User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 5691
Contact:

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#7 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:38 am

Deydey920 wrote:Is there another way to get Dreamcast Now to detect my dreampi?


The Pi should have both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address but it's only showing you the IPv6 address for some reason. You can view all the network details by logging in (username is pi and password is raspberry) and typing ifconfig. Usually your router will have a list of connected devices as well so you could also look there.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Deydey920
shadow
Posts: 7

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#8 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Deydey920 wrote:Is there another way to get Dreamcast Now to detect my dreampi?


The Pi should have both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address but it's only showing you the IPv6 address for some reason. You can view all the network details by logging in (username is pi and password is raspberry) and typing ifconfig. Usually your router will have a list of connected devices as well so you could also look there.

The dreampi won't let me enter the password without pressing enter. It makes me do it all over again whenever I do press enter. What should I do?

User avatar
Xiden
Super Sonic
Posts: 1566

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#9 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Deydey920 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:
Deydey920 wrote:Is there another way to get Dreamcast Now to detect my dreampi?


The Pi should have both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address but it's only showing you the IPv6 address for some reason. You can view all the network details by logging in (username is pi and password is raspberry) and typing ifconfig. Usually your router will have a list of connected devices as well so you could also look there.

The dreampi won't let me enter the password without pressing enter. It makes me do it all over again whenever I do press enter. What should I do?


When you type the password you won't see it being typed in. Linux always has it invisible:)

Just type pi enter
Then raspberry enter

Deydey920
shadow
Posts: 7

Re: I need help- Dreamcast Now

Post#10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Xiden wrote:
Deydey920 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:
The Pi should have both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address but it's only showing you the IPv6 address for some reason. You can view all the network details by logging in (username is pi and password is raspberry) and typing ifconfig. Usually your router will have a list of connected devices as well so you could also look there.

The dreampi won't let me enter the password without pressing enter. It makes me do it all over again whenever I do press enter. What should I do?


When you type the password you won't see it being typed in. Linux always has it invisible:)

Just type pi enter
Then raspberry enter

Thank you but I still cannot use any of the ip addresses that the pi listed for me. Should I post a pic of what the screen looks like? (If I can do that)

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Online”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users