POWERSTONE! So who here likes and plays Powerstone 1 and 2?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

POWERSTONE! So who here likes and plays Powerstone 1 and 2?

Post#1 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:00 am

I have been a big Powerstone fan, ever since I saw it in a Gamepro magazine and when I saw some gamers, back in 1998, play the first powerstone on a dreamcast in the arcade, that me and my school friends would always visit. Powerstone is a really great, interactive 3d brawler style fighting game, where fighting, grabbing and throwing objects, collecting gems, and transforming into a super powered form and wrecking the place, was all part of the fun. :D

I'm a big fan of the characters in the game.
Moreso Edward Falcon, WangTang, Ryoma, Galuda, Gunrock, Rouge and Ayame.
And I like the creepy, clown mummy dude Jack too.

So who here likes the Powerstone games?
And who do you guys like playing? Pick your top 12 fav powerstone characters. :)
Last edited by beanboy on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: POWERSTONE! So who here likes and plays Powerstone?

Post#2 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:44 am

Power Stone is awesome, though I was always more into Power Stone 2 due to 4 way multiplayer. I'm hoping we eventually get to bringing back the Japanese titles as Power Stone 2 has online play in Japan, and 4 way brawls online with you guys would just rock.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:46 am

I only have Power Stone 2 and not 1, but it's a pretty fun game. I think my favorite character is Gunrock.

It's a shame that the only second chance the series was given beyond the Dreamcast is the port on PSP. It probably bombed and lead Capcom to declare the series dead, but why on Earth would Power Stone (a multiplayer focused game) succeed on the PSP (a console rarely used for multiplayer)?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:16 am

Agreed. As much as I don't own one, Power Stone would do best on Switch, so the camera doesn't have to include all 4 players simultaneously. I still want DC online though.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Roareye wrote:Power Stone is awesome, though I was always more into Power Stone 2 due to 4 way multiplayer. I'm hoping we eventually get to bringing back the Japanese titles as Power Stone 2 has online play in Japan, and 4 way brawls online with you guys would just rock.

Yeah, that would be cool. 4 way online multiplayer all the way. :D
I wish Powerstone 1, also had online too though. I like one a bit more. But two is fun too.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:10 pm

"WELCOME TO THE WORLD, OF POWERSTONE!!" :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Just beat Powerstone 1 again, with Rouge, Ryoma and Galuda. 3 round matches. :D
So many times, I kicked Valgas' butt, and I still say, "wow,"... Valgas is so cheap, even on easy mode. Lol! :lol:

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#8 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Anyone who says they don't like playing Powerstone is lying..kind of like anyone who says they don't like big tits is lying.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:55 pm

:lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:49 pm

Oh no!! :shock:

P P Powerful!! :shock:

:lol:
Last edited by beanboy on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.