Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Post#61 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:57 am

This engine does have potential to be a good base for racing mods. What needs to be the main focus is getting the game running better / more interesting tracks and better physics.

Some of those reward tiers are nonsense and a waste of resources. How many of you are actually looking for stickers / toy cars for this product? If they get ONE backer at that 3000 tier they will have to invest a lot of time and resources to produce that nonsense.

I like JoshProd for some off the things they are doing, but this went a bit over the top again...

joshprod
shadow

Post#62 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:07 am

Beanboy Don t worry, yes I read all the post because we wish to make the best indie game possible. We ll need all ideas and feedback. I have 90% of the game in mind and the others 10% will be the customers ideas. We hide some important information about the game but be sure that everything will be good surprise for players. Of course vmu will save the game advance (win race = earn money and allow to buy car and deblock race). Of course we will put 2 players mode for sure but maybe not as you thought :)... Only backers will have all informations on the kickstarter forum. Have a nice week end my friend.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#63 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:44 am

It might be a better idea to not have backers exclusive info, but just reading this one thread, there's confusion and a lack of confidence BECAUSE of the lack of info. It might be best to share more details to encourage more backers.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#64 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks for coming here joshprod after I asked you to. Like I said on your YouTube channel, it is a good idea to speak to the people here and let them know what you plan to do with the game.

After all, these are the people who will want to buy your game.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#65 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:26 am

A bit off topic, but a 20th anniversary game should have been the player driving the Dreamcast Mobile Assault Tour van/truck in different cities, trying to reach certain locations in time where crowds of people want to buy Playstation 2 consoles, but due to the shortage they can't. The player's goal is to get there before the next shipment arrives and amaze the crowd with the Dreamcast's games, convincing them to buy a Dreamcast instead. =P
D-FQvd2UwAAwcyD.jpg

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#66 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:18 am

DCGX wrote:It might be a better idea to not have backers exclusive info, but just reading this one thread, there's confusion and a lack of confidence BECAUSE of the lack of info. It might be best to share more details to encourage more backers.

THIS, 100% THIS.

When you are trying to bring in as many supporters as possible, having backer only information or "surprises ahead" don't help. You need to put all your cards on the table immediately. Many people will only ever look at your kickstarter once, and if you are not showing off the best you have then it will fail. This is what happened to that interesting FPS kickstarter In Line of Fire, they didn't have enough to show and thus no one was truly interested besides loyal fans here.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#67 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Nico0020 wrote:When you are trying to bring in as many supporters as possible, having backer only information or "surprises ahead" don't help. You need to put all your cards on the table immediately. Many people will only ever look at your kickstarter once, and if you are not showing off the best you have then it will fail. This is what happened to that interesting FPS kickstarter In Line of Fire, they didn't have enough to show and thus no one was truly interested besides loyal fans here.

Hey Nico, since you are one of the only people leaving comments and questions on their Kickstarter page, could you please ask them the following?

Will we have the option for cockpit racing views like what was in 4X4 Jam since it seems to be the same game engine?

Will we be able to choose from the planned drift physics to original grip physics like shown off in original demo? I think it would be great to have 2 different physic types for people to choose from depending on the mood.

Thanks.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#68 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:30 pm

I really don't like at all the JoshProd games, he mostly took already created opensource Dreamcast related things, made a fancy disc cover and sell it all at higher prices as volgar the viking, the Neo Geo Breakers emulated game or those amiga emulation such Flashback and finally the pc engine emulator for the Henshing engine.

The real good looking and original games Guns of mercy or Gigantic army are only for nintendo's switch, he only use the dreamcast community as a trampoline for his name, how disgusting.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#69 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:10 pm

What is a bit worrying for them for this kickstarter is that I see more disappointment than happiness..
I hope this will make them think about all the complaints and remarks shared by the DC community

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#70 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:47 am

Anthony817 wrote:
Nico0020 wrote:When you are trying to bring in as many supporters as possible, having backer only information or "surprises ahead" don't help. You need to put all your cards on the table immediately. Many people will only ever look at your kickstarter once, and if you are not showing off the best you have then it will fail. This is what happened to that interesting FPS kickstarter In Line of Fire, they didn't have enough to show and thus no one was truly interested besides loyal fans here.

Hey Nico, since you are one of the only people leaving comments and questions on their Kickstarter page, could you please ask them the following?

Will we have the option for cockpit racing views like what was in 4X4 Jam since it seems to be the same game engine?

Will we be able to choose from the planned drift physics to original grip physics like shown off in original demo? I think it would be great to have 2 different physic types for people to choose from depending on the mood.

Thanks.

Well seeing as they haven't answered my original questions...