Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
User avatar
SMiTH
Vagabond
Posts: 701

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#181 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Every time I post in this thread, this is how I feel...

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1246
Contact:

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#182 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 am

SMiTH wrote:Every time I post in this thread, this is how I feel...

Image


We have more luck paying a good coder to redo bleem lol Im sure it be less trouble.. Need sh4 math wiz and asm.. I know a sh4 math wizard lol
Bu i do only a few lines of sh4 asm in parts of my things not a whole program..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

User avatar
SMiTH
Vagabond
Posts: 701

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#183 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:10 am

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1246
Contact:

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#184 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 am

Well some info on the beta just from spending hours seeing what works what files load looking at games that boot and games that dont.. For one the beta is using mmu and setting a memory map to virtual address space.. the cdr reading cant read non standard psx dev kit files.. so if the dev renamed str to xav or anything not standard it cant boot the game.. also cant boot a psx.exe from the CNF files.. also XA linked as cdrom cdda does not work.. XA music thats non standard dont work.. Many times i have got so called non working games working with just removing the xa music or cdda.. The uncomplete part of the beta is file loading.. also japan and pal games most times stay standard to dev kit naming of files and i think this is why there working.. I have seen lifting the lid just before crashing then closing making some games work for the first time.. IE CDDA crashes it cant load it and the data at the same time some bug on a file size limit
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

fafadou
dirty sailor
Posts: 175

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#185 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am

Well done !

User avatar
Anthony817
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2974

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#186 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:08 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I have seen lifting the lid just before crashing then closing making some games work for the first time.. IE CDDA crashes it cant load it and the data at the same time some bug on a file size limit


That is VERY interesting and telling! Street Fighter EX Plus was the same way! You can play the game fine full speed if you opened the lid I believe. You had to close it again I think before loading the next stage but it worked just like that if I recall correctly. As I haven't played this game in years and years I can't say for sure, but looking at the old Bleem page for it over at TIZ you can gather more info. Despite what I say in this archive post I did play it eventually after I made that post.

http://web.archive.org/web/201808162257 ... lus-alpha/
Image

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1246
Contact:

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#187 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:I have seen lifting the lid just before crashing then closing making some games work for the first time.. IE CDDA crashes it cant load it and the data at the same time some bug on a file size limit


That is VERY interesting and telling! Street Fighter EX Plus was the same way! You can play the game fine full speed if you opened the lid I believe. You had to close it again I think before loading the next stage but it worked just like that if I recall correctly. As I haven't played this game in years and years I can't say for sure, but looking at the old Bleem page for it over at TIZ you can gather more info. Despite what I say in this archive post I did play it eventually after I made that post.

http://web.archive.org/web/201808162257 ... lus-alpha/


I can hack this game so we dont have to do that anymore.. seems we should try to make games that work good better.. also seen you can fix menus by re doing the files with tools... Yeah all about cant be on 2 places at the disk at once if the game data is loading and it's also trying to stream audio it's not going to load.. have the same problem with projects in homebrew how i seen the same type of thing when i was trying to make a hybrid video format..

when you open the lid it crashes the audio streaming just enff for the data to load before it starts streaming the data again.. my thought on it.. but this works on many games.. I have been now replacing not just cdda but linked xa and same thing can make a non working game work..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

User avatar
Anthony817
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2974

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#188 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 pm

If you can make SF EX Plus work perfect from Bleem and Bleemshell that is fucking amazeballs mate.
Image

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1246
Contact:

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#189 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:41 am

Anthony817 wrote:If you can make SF EX Plus work perfect from Bleem and Bleemshell that is fucking amazeballs mate.


Some things i can edit replace titles menus fonts .tim files convert them back no to hard to mod games.. removing the xa did not fix the openlid problem on this game this time there's something else doing that yeah open lid close close to fullspeed.. If i had more skills with hex or debugger this could be done maybe someone like megavolt.. It's a real thing on bleemcast with out open closing the lid the game runs at about 10 fps after like near fullspeed..

Good to find more facts about things.. Glad you found it years .. ago i wish i found your post not found it my self with lots of disks lol.. Removing cdda or linked xa works some times but this game proves not all the time..

I can edit menus player faces titles etc all works.. Learned that skill by doing this bleem kick lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

User avatar
Anthony817
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2974

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#190 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:08 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Good to find more facts about things.. Glad you found it years .. ago i wish i found your post not found it my self with lots of disks lol.. Removing cdda or linked xa works some times but this game proves not all the time..


Hey man, you tried your best mate, that is all we could ever hope for. ;)
Image

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]