Madsheep gdemu SD utility won't let me add games!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

goodstephen
noob

Madsheep gdemu SD utility won't let me add games!

Post#1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi there! I was finally able to get a gdemu preorder through the creator's wordpress. It just arrived and I've been looking into setting it up but I can't get the madsheep utility to work.

I have a small set of individual folders containing all gdi, cue, and bin files for my games. Dragging these folders into the madsheep program does nothing. If I attempt to add an image via the green plus sign, and navigate directly to a gdi file, I get the error: could not find file 'c:\users...etc.
I'm pasting the details it gives for this error in spoiler tags below:
► Show Spoiler

My SD card is fat32 formatted. I am able to use the utility to generate the gdmenu file, but that's it. I've attached screenshots of my file directories. Does anyone know what might be going wrong or have any suggestions? It looks like a similar question was asked before here, but a solution was not posted: viewtopic.php?t=11759
Thank you!
Attachments
troubleshoot2.png
troubleshoot1.png

megavolt85
Developer

Re: Madsheep gdemu SD utility won't let me add games!

Post#2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:21 pm

use TOSEC dumps

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:39 pm

From the GDEMU homepage:

Compatibility:

GDEMU is compatbile with VA1 model Dreamcasts from all regions
IMPORTANT: VA2 model is not compatible. Mating GDEMU with VA0 model mainboard is possible but will cause permanent damage to the device. See installation instructions.

Supported image types:

GDI (for GD-ROMs)
CDI
CCD+IMG+SUB
MDS+MDF
ISO (as data carriers for homebrew)

GDEMU doesn't support cue files

Like Megavolt85 said use TOSEC GDI dumps

goodstephen
noob

Post#4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks so much to both of you for your very fast replies! I have swapped my GDIs with tosec GDIs, and everything works perfectly now. And it's good to know that I won't need the cues at all. Thanks again!

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:42 pm

you're welcome