Newcomer help

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Utra64
rebel

Newcomer help

Post#1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am

Hey guys! Excited to be here. Finally picked up a second hand DreamPi here in the UK - it should be arriving in the next day or so.

I've never played PSO - but am eager to get in to it. I have tried looking at some setup guides on these forums but have found it overwhelming as a newcomer.

Before I go ahead and buy a copy of PSO, I wanted to know which version to pick up. In the mean time, how easy it it to connect online using a burned copy? As I understand you need to input serial numbers.

I've also read about the Ives pack, but again wasn't too sure about the differences.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can't wait to see you all online :-)

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Newcomer help

Post#2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:36 pm

I think it's PSO V2 they play online.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:41 pm

I use the official PSOv2 PAL GD-ROM with PSO patch boot loader although I am in the USA (still hiding in Mechanic's basement waiting for Quake 3 Fragging Friday).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pairo
shadow

Post#4 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 am

Haha what a coincidence! I made an account to post a very similar question, but seems there's no need for that.

I really got into Dreamcast collecting/playing these last few months, and I'm eager to try DreamPi and PSO for the first time. How's the experience been so far, during EU peak times?

I love tinkering with retro tech, so I find DreamPi fascinating! I already have a Pi 4, so I'll be needing the USB modem + voltage inducer.

Return to “Online”